Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Re: All you anti Mghee

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
byf said:
No1 of any worth wants to come..can you not see that!!!!!

and why would they!

Darren Currie wasn't anbody of any worth until he came to us, then looked what happened to him.

One off admittedly, but we really haven't tried to use the Bosman ruling that well at all.

When we signed all those players in 2000 for the Div 3 championship season, we made our interest aware in Feb/March, hence the reason why they all came to us. We are too narrow minded in our search for players.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Seagull73 said:
Darren Currie wasn't anbody of any worth until he came to us, then looked what happened to him.

One off admittedly, but we really haven't tried to use the Bosman ruling that well at all.

When we signed all those players in 2000 for the Div 3 championship season, we made our interest aware in Feb/March, hence the reason why they all came to us. We are too narrow minded in our search for players.

The club is different now. Weve had loads of player who have come and gone onto better things..But because of knight,mccammon etc we look like trouble..not Mcghee's fault!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Uncle Buck said:
Still in Manchester BYF?

My location in the Uk is not important..The disgraceful treatment of the manager is!

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
byf said:
The club is different now. Weve had loads of player who have come and gone onto better things..But because of knight,mccammon etc we look like trouble..not Mcghee's fault!

Well MM's not blameless is he? They've cited him as the problem, even though they are trouble-makers.

Whoever would have thought FDM would have kicked up a stink, he never did it with any of the previous managers. And how come MM doesn't rate FDM him when 3 other managers all with better jobs than him all did?

I'm picking on individual cases I know, but my point is pretty much the same, MM is not blameless in any of this.

El Dude Brother

Feb 8, 2006
I think most people would beg to differ on the "good start to the season" comment. We were unlucky to concede a last minute goal v Brentford, but overall they deserved at least a point, arguably all 3. Since the first half against Forest we have been toothless up front and soft touches at the back. Team spirit is gone. We are looking increasingly like relegation candidates. Are we supposed to be happy with this?

Ultimately team selection, tactics and team spirit are all the manager's responsibility so if the team do "fall apart" then most people would argue the manager IS to blame.

You list three players that McGhee fell out with and then left the club. Doesn't that say something to you? Why does he repeatedly fall out with people? Coppell, Adams and Taylor never seemed to force players out, nor have so many problems signing new ones. They all worked under the same constraints. Some people would argue a better manager would work harder to resolve their differences to get the best out of his players seeing as we can't replace them easily.

Has the thought occurred to you that maybe Mark Mcghee is the reason that players don't want to sign for us? Not money, not Withdean, not Dick Knight. Do you ever wonder if maybe McGhee had handled things better Knight and Richards might still be here playing to the best of their ability.

"I fully believe we've got money to spend, but when it comes to wages were league 2"
- Isn't this a contradiction? What exactly are you trying to say here?

"I also heard you lot trying to stir up trouble at forest, You lot are a joke,if they came near you lot you'd run a fuc**** mile"
- I am truly sorry if we are not "hard" enough for you.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
What the fu** do you lot actually expect from those crop of players. we all know what sort of squad gets you out of this league and ours aint good enough. Had you lot not stopped to think weve got a load of shit on the pitch and he's doing his best. How long are you going to use Mcghee as the scapegoat for are lack of ambition.

Some fight, some passion and at least look like they care once in a while

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Uncle Buck said:
What a manager that has been getting poor results since February 2005?

Who would have done a better job with that squad..in that div. We were punching way above our weight. When Feb came teams around us,brought people in..ie sheff wed and we left with same faces.

Why are you counting last season? This season was going well until 2nd half of forest game and that wasnt his fault, we were beat by the champions.

last couple have been poor..but I'll say it again..have you seen the squad?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Re: Re: Re: All you anti Mghee

El Dude Brother said:
Ultimately team selection, tactics and team spirit are all the manager's responsibility so if the team do "fall apart" then most people would argue the manager IS to blame.

You list three players that McGhee fell out with and then left the club. Doesn't that say something to you? Why does he repeatedly fall out with people? Coppell, Adams and Taylor never seemed to force players out, nor have so many problems signing new ones. They all worked under the same constraints. Some people would argue a better manager would work harder to resolve their differences to get the best out of his players seeing as we can't replace them easily.

Has the thought occurred to you that maybe Mark Mcghee is the reason that players don't want to sign for us? Not money, not Withdean, not Dick Knight. Do you ever wonder if maybe McGhee had handled things better Knight and Richards might still be here playing to the best of their ability.
B]

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Here we go again, having to account for our McGhee out requests.

We know we dont have the best players
We know we are short on cash
We know we dont have the squad size

BUT

McGhee is CLUELESS tactically
McGhee has ZERO man management skills

AND

We pay our money, so are entitled to make our thoughts known

MCGHEE OUT

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
byf said:
Who would have done a better job with that squad..in that div. We were punching way above our weight. When Feb came teams around us,brought people in..ie sheff wed and we left with same faces.

Why are you counting last season? This season was going well until 2nd half of forest game and that wasnt his fault, we were beat by the champions.

Not talking about last season, I am talking about the season before, when at the end of January we needed about 9 points to stay up and we did our best to go down.

The current squad has some talent in it, granted it lacks a goal scorer, but the manager seems to have no idea as to how to use the players in it.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
byf said:

And who's fault is that? Once again, we are being too picky with the type of player we are after, and then too ambitious.

Jeez, it's not rocket science

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Seagull73 said:

I agree, you can talk to players from Jan that are out on contract at the end of the season.

The club should hae started talking to players such as Jevons when it was clear league one football was on the cards this year.

Now this is not All Mcghees fault at all, it doesnt help that the board f***ed around with contracts 2 months after the season ended - this is not good enugh.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As said on another thread my problem:

I think the general consensus is that MM was RIGHT to ship out the bad eggs. But I also feel he could start an argument in an empty room.

But what baffles me is the tactics, substitutions, players out of position, continual playing of injured/out of form players, strange first team choices, a team that doesnt seem motivated, gash set pieces (last season), unfit players, saying some games dont matter etc etc. Sorry but that IS down to the manager.

And you cant blame wages, stadium, facilities for THAT.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
As said on another thread my problem:

I think the general consensus is that MM was RIGHT to ship out the bad eggs. But I also feel he could start an argument in an empty room.

But what baffles me is the tactics, substitutions, players out of position, continual playing of injured/out of form players, strange first team choices, a team that doesnt seem motivated, gash set pieces (last season), unfit players, saying some games dont matter etc etc. Sorry but that IS down to the manager.

And you cant blame wages, stadium, facilities for THAT.

You copied and pasted that from another thread. :angry: :angry:

Dandyman

In London village.
Uncle Buck said:
Still available for the serving of drinks on train trips byf?

Good point. He did look ever so sweet in that maids outfit. I think the wig and make up may have been an error, mind you.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Seagull73 said:
You're preaching to the converted my friend. Yes we do have money, but I still think that the manager has become obsessed with a certain type of player, a lumpy centre-forward, who can get knocked about.

I still think he has been too-narrow minded in his thought process of the type of player to bring in.

Precisely. I mean we still need a left back as well otherwise its Mayo or Reid for FFS . :angry: :angry: :angry:

Seagull73 said:
You copied and pasted that from another thread. :angry: :angry:

Yes I couldnt be bothered to re type!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here