Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RDZ pre-Liverpool press conference

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
HWT has been very open about his autism, and why he copes by putting certain people on ignore.
Yep. And it isn't due to inability to deal with disagreement, or anger.

:thumbsup:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I was thinking of Hodgson at Palarse.

Not during his legendary trophy winning years. In, er, Switzerland, Sweden and Denmark. The last of his trophies won 23 years ago.

I have been reading out some of the soppy-arse comments to the missus for a laugh. I'm about as in-touch with anger as Howard Devoto singing 'Parade'. :lolol:

The moment anyone starts to question the motives of others they lose the argument :wink:
True, I do tend to give up after a short while, life’s too short :smile:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Hodgson has won things, lots of things hasn’t he, when he was about the same age as RDZ too? Not a great comparison RDZ has won NOTHING

You really don’t like anyone to have a different opinion to you do you? In fact you seem to get angry when they do, or put them on ignore :wink:

Until recently I bloody loved RDZ btw, I hope he comes out of this sulk and I can love him again.
Please list the notable things Hodgson has won.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm afraid we can't have it both ways. We like RDZ's ambition and it was probably the fact that he challenged the players to go for a top four finish last season that resulted in us getting into Europe. I doubt if the players considered themselves top-six material until he said it.

But why would he settle for less than that in future? Don't we all want to be back in Europe? Unfortunately when he says openly what he thinks the club should be doing we call him disrespectful. He's the most successful manager in our history but he should know his place?
Well said.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Have you not seen how many sarcastic comments he’s made on this thread alone, I haven’t seen much engagement.
No I haven’t but sarcasm (and wooshing) tends to go over my head most of the time anyway because I’m neurodivergent as Harry is - the nature of engagement is different (and often really challenging) so having an ignore list is essential - I’m using mine more and these days on NSC because that is the only way I can cope with the complexity of ways in which people express themselves. But certainly not because I shy away from heated debates or alternative POV.

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
He also seems to stay up half the night watching random games with his mates. Maybe a few early nights might help :lol:
I actually think you are in to something here. I think it would be healthier to live with the family (don’t know if I’m right, but they stayed in Italy?) As it is now, he’s into football 25h/day. Having his family around would be better I think. But that’s just me.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
No I haven’t but sarcasm (and wooshing) tends to go over my head most of the time anyway because I’m neurodivergent as Harry is - the nature of engagement is different (and often really challenging) so having an ignore list is essential - I’m using mine more and these days on NSC because that is the only way I can cope. But certainly not because I shy away from heated debates or alternative POV.
Fair enough

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
True, I do tend to give up after a short while, life’s too short :smile:
In my line of work we have to argue every small thing to death, or we end up pratting about, pursuing hypotheses that are easily demonstrably false.

Alas, I tend to take that attitude into Real Life, and get into arguments that the other person doesn't consider worthwhile. It has taken me 65 years but I am getting a bit better at 'letting it go'.

A bit.

Ahem. :wink:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
In my line of work we have to argue every small thing to death, or we end up pratting about, pursuing hypotheses that are easily demonstrably false.

Alas, I tend to take that attitude into Real Life, and get into arguments that the other person doesn't consider worthwhile. It has taken me 65 years but I am getting a bit better at 'letting it go'.

A bit.

Ahem. :wink:
That I don’t envy.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So the burning question is - and will remain - how does the club realistically get to that next level? The 30k Amex comfortably sells out week on week, the club makes humungous profits on players by astute buying and selling while paying comparatively modest wages by EPL standards. What kick-starts the concerted push to the next level? There's a valid conversation to be had there. And one I strongly suspect RDZ will be having with TB sooner rather than later
The question before that is what is the next level? We can’t increase capacity. We’ve never won a trophy and few do in the era of state sponsors whilst leaping to paying big money in wages and transfers is a flawed science and can quickly bankrupt clubs. Most transfers don’t work out. To cushion against you need money that probably makes Bloom look poor.

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
You do have access to Google don’t you? Unless of course, any non English honours are automatically discounted :lolol:

Little Englander? :wink:
He’s got his own stand in Malmö. Won everything. He’s God there. I back that 100%. But it’s ”just” Sweden, I guess. He’s probably won throphies in Italy too. He’s been around.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
He has won NOTHING of any account. Also nothing to do with anyone's perceptions of England's state in the world.

How the f*** did he get to be manager of Inter, Udinese, West Brom, Liverpool, Fulham and England, with some decent cup runs in there too. I was NOT a fan of him as England manager btw.

Say what you like about him he also bleeds Crystal Palace and has kept them in the PL on more than one occasion, I guess that’s enough to make any Albion fan diss him though :wink:

He is currently MASSIVELY more successful than the Albion manager.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I keep having a fantasy that the builders will be round at the end of the season to triple the size of the North Stand. I have a feeling, perhaps an irrational feeling, that all the while our North Stand looks tin pot, we will never go up to the next level.

I agree with your main points. That conversation will be fascinating.
I have this insane fantasy of clubs like ours building a stadium the size of a 50-60k, which we'd never fill, but filling it with around 35k seats, making each seat an inch or two wider, the gap between each seat wider too, bigger aisles and more spacing between the rows so you have a physically imposing and impressive stadium up there with the best of them. It wouldn't work for several reasons, but to have a 35k Amex but on the scale of something like Spurs' ground would be marvellous.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s Easter Sunday and NSC’s very own harbinger of doom is risen, Lazarus like. You’re never here when it’s going well are you?

Except, now you are. Because we have won our two previous games. And even if we lose away to Liverpool today, which is a possibility for literally any team on Earth, we still will have won two of the last three.

On a weekend when a Hibs player knocked out two teammates with one free kick, Man U conceded a 98th minute equaliser and West Ham lost a 3-1 lead to a team with no defenders, Brighton fans losing their shit because of a PRESS CONFERENCE is easily the weirdest thing to occur all Easter.
This.

Someone huffily asked me on this thread whether I have watched the presser (like the scales would then fall from my eyes).

Of course I haven't. Why would I? FFS! :lolol:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
He sounds bored to the back teeth with the same old question about his future. He has not changed his answer for months.

If I was him I'd be banging my head against the table right there in the press conference.
Needs to shut his mouth then and say his future will be decided after the season has finished and that’s it

I used to find his honesty refreshing but he goes too far.

Emotional Intelligence needs to be front and centre of our next appointment as the last two haven’t didn’t / havent got enough of it

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
How the f*** did he get to be manager of West Brom, Liverpool, Fulham and England, with some decent cup runs in there too. I was NOT a fan of him as England manager btw.
Perhaps your definition of 'winning lots of things' is managing big teams. Personally I have never rated him. Allardyce was manager of some big teams and even England but he was rubbish. England has had some real duff managers so being a manager for it is not prerequisite with actually being good. Maybe I should add some laughing emojis and swear a bit to emphasise my point?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He’s got his own stand in Malmö. Won everything. He’s God there. I back that 100%. But it’s ”just” Sweden, I guess. He’s probably won throphies in Italy too. He’s been around.
No he hasn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here