Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RBS and Lloyds about to go through the floor

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
food for the bears ? what , are you trying to give it the large one , pretending you're some type of city trader or something ?
:tosser:

what qualifications does one need to be a real city trader then? This is a genuine question.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
what qualifications does one need to be a real city trader then? This is a genuine question.
it all depends what product you are going to trade, for the rocket scientist stuff you will need a maths/physics/engineering degree or something with a strong mathematical bias, other products you will pretty much need some sort of degree these days , in the 80/90s there used to be a route into the front office through working in a support role and progressing from there , but thats pretty much cllosed now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
it all depends what product you are going to trade, for the rocket scientist stuff you will need a maths/physics/engineering degree or something with a strong mathematical bias, other products you will pretty much need some sort of degree these days , in the 80/90s there used to be a route into the front office through working in a support role and progressing from there , but thats pretty much cllosed now.

So, if I wanted to bet on gas what would I need? How did your military background lead to futures?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
So, if I wanted to bet on gas what would I need? How did your military background lead to futures?
if you wanted to bet on gas i'd suggest a spread betting account with a company such as IG index, if however you wanted a trading career i'd say you're too late now, i made my way into the world of futures by working in IT eventually getting a job as a spot FX trader trainee at the japanese bank i worked at, and from there progressing into financial futures from whenst i made my way into the wonderful world of commodities.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
No point thinking abotu anything right now, any whiff of lower profits and the share price will plummet. You can't do anything about it. The share price was basically dictated a few weeks ago when the brokers got wind of it.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
f***!! Anyone got stocks in either of these, cos theres expected to be losses of 20-35% (prob more when everyone starts panic selling) off the value of these two- when the re-valuation happens- on tuesday morning when the the LSE opens (due to stock being precariously hiked up in price), i bought into these two as recovery shares and low and behold i've made 100%on RBS and 50% Lloyds.

But anyone else got a holding in these or any other shares?

not sure whether to cut and run now.

i know this i footy chatroom not ft.com but worth an ask.

:nono::nono::nono:

Two words for you - irresponsible wanker.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
if you wanted to bet on gas i'd suggest a spread betting account with a company such as IG index, if however you wanted a trading career i'd say you're too late now, i made my way into the world of futures by working in IT eventually getting a job as a spot FX trader trainee at the japanese bank i worked at, and from there progressing into financial futures from whenst i made my way into the wonderful world of commodities.

I am just curious, not looking for a career change. Besides, I wouldnt look good in one of them blazers.

stan miguell

Oct 31, 2007
dunno what that all means bushy fella but maybe you could advice my sis on wether to swich electric suppliers seeing as your in the game. do you want me to send you one of them pirvate mesages?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I believe that it is criminal that shareholders in banks that have been bailed out by the government should be able to receive dividends on their shares. I believe that when they asked the government to bail them out their shares should have become worthless and compulsory purchsed by the government as a condition of the assistance given.

now you might have a point with RBS, but i wonder if you remember that Lloyds was a well run bank that looked to be unaffected by the brewing storm, until they were "asked" to take on HBOS by the government. hardly fair to penalise the shareholders for that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
now you might have a point with RBS, but i wonder if you remember that Lloyds was a well run bank that looked to be unaffected by the brewing storm, until they were "asked" to take on HBOS by the government. hardly fair to penalise the shareholders for that.

Why did Lloyds do it? They could have said no when 'asked'.

Why did Lloyds do it? They could have said no when 'asked'.

They were hypnotised by Alistar Darling's eyebrows.

And don't listen to bushy's ramblings. All you need to be a city trader is the phone number of Clarence Beeks and some wealthy individuals to cover your frozen orange juice trades. I saw it in a documentary once.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

And don't listen to bushy's ramblings. All you need to be a city trader is the phone number of Clarence Beeks and some wealthy individuals to cover your frozen orange juice trades. I saw it in a documentary once.
not if you want to work alongside declan at shane longman you wouldnt .

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

I thought you needed to have nice shoes as well?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
and?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Did you mean 5% loss?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here