Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RBS and Lloyds about to go through the floor

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
so you've turned one analysts opinion that the shares will drop 50% "in the coming months" into they will crash on Tueesday. :tosser:

generally the value of a companies share do not follow the opinions published in the Daily Outrage. they have risen because much of the bad debt is written off. The fundementals remain unchanged from a month, two or three months ago, so what this analyst is doing is speculating the price will fall, hoping that mugs like you will dump their shares so they can buy them up cheap and sell them at the end of the week for more than they are Friday. might get themselves a a few % fall
on the back of this, which is all they need to make a killing.

if you are expecting them to go up in the long term, keep hold and ignore such silliness. fact is once they have restored their balance sheets in next year or two much of the "toxic" debt will be starting to show as profitable after all and their multiples will rise back inline with the rest of the sector.

not just my feeling but the feeling of a lot of RBS shareholders on iii.co.uk and other share forums

DYOR

ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND (THE) Discussion RBS RBS.L - Interactive Investor

:wanker:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not just my feeling but the feeling of a lot of RBS shareholders on iii.co.uk and other share forums

DYOR

ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND (THE) Discussion RBS RBS.L - Interactive Investor

:wanker:

lol. sorry, didnt realise the readers/posters of iii are also of the erudite opinion RBS/Lloyds would crash. Sell IMHO DYOR!!! i wonder if a single post there is based on fundemental or even decent logical technical analysis?

put it this way, thanks for the notice as i'll be wathcing this week now as a good buy oppurtunity.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
f***!! Anyone got stocks in either of these, cos theres expected to be losses of 20-35% (prob more when everyone starts panic selling) off the value of these two- when the re-valuation happens- on tuesday morning when the the LSE opens (due to stock being precariously hiked up in price), i bought into these two as recovery shares and low and behold i've made 100%on RBS and 50% Lloyds.

But anyone else got a holding in these or any other shares?

not sure whether to cut and run now.

i know this i footy chatroom not ft.com but worth an ask.

:nono::nono::nono:

Jones.jpg

Lloyds down 4.6% less than Fridays gain
RBS down 4% same as Fridays gain

I believe that it is criminal that shareholders in banks that have been bailed out by the government should be able to receive dividends on their shares.

Just to correct BG - shareholders in these banks are NOT currently receiving dividends nor will they until the government (tax payer) get's it's own money back. It may well be that there could indeed be a profit for the government. For example I understand it effectively bought into Lloyds at 120p and potentially it could realise a nice little earner.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just to correct BG - shareholders in these banks are NOT currently receiving dividends nor will they until the government (tax payer) get's it's own money back. It may well be that there could indeed be a profit for the government. For example I understand it effectively bought into Lloyds at 120p and potentially it could realise a nice little earner.

I wont argue but I am reasonably sure that my mother received a cheque for dividens from her TSB shares last week. I will check with her when in Worthing tomorrow.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I wont argue but I am reasonably sure that my mother received a cheque for dividens from her TSB shares last week. I will check with her when in Worthing tomorrow.

i recieved a lump sum of money from lloyds about a month back, it just appeared in my share account, i guess it was dividends they were paying out

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I believe that it is criminal that shareholders in banks that have been bailed out by the government should be able to receive dividends on their shares. I believe that when they asked the government to bail them out their shares should have become worthless and compulsory purchsed by the government as a condition of the assistance given. Shareholders are prepared to accept the dividends and should also be prepared to accept the losses that the bank incurred..

And I suppose you'll be happy when your pension pot drops when they do this ???

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
i recieved a lump sum of money from lloyds about a month back, it just appeared in my share account, i guess it was dividends they were paying out

If you didn't take up the 36p share offering, the cheque you recieved would have been the residue cheque for your un-used rights... i.e. the value of your right to buy. It would not have been a dividend.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
If you didn't take up the 36p share offering, the cheque you recieved would have been the residue cheque for your un-used rights... i.e. the value of your right to buy. It would not have been a dividend.

i didnt take up the share offering, tbh i didnt know how to, but thanks for clearing that one up :thumbsup:

Have you any comments NS Herald?

There have definitely been no dividends since the government got involved.

Lloyds had been pretty generous with their divi's up till then and the shareholders were generally naffed off that the purchase of HBOS scuppered their tidy returns but c'est la vie.

Personally I look at any shareholding as a risk and it should be money you are prepared to write off if it all goes wrong.

I further believe Lloyds will come good again - it wasn't so long ago the shares were over £8 and sooner or later they will go up quite nicely and hopefully with good dividends.

Food for the bears...

Goldman Sachs Wrong on Economic Recovery, Macro Hedge Funds Say
2009-09-01 04:01:01.8 GMT

By Cristina Alesci
Sept. 1 (Bloomberg) -- Paul Tudor Jones, the billionaire hedge-fund manager who outperformed peers last year, is wagering that Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and Morgan Stanley got it wrong in declaring the start of an economic recovery.
Jones’s Tudor Investment Corp., Clarium Capital Management LLC and Horseman Capital Management Ltd. are taking a bearish stand as U.S. stock and bond prices rise, saying that record government spending may be forestalling another slowdown and market selloff. The firms oversee a combined $15 billion in so- called macro funds, which seek to profit from economic trends by trading stocks, bonds, currencies and commodities.
“If we have a recovery at all, it isn’t sustainable,”
Kevin Harrington, managing director at Clarium, said in an interview at the firm’s New York offices. “This is more likely a ski-jump recession, with short-term stimulus creating a bump that will ultimately lead to a more precipitous decline later.”

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Food for the bears...

Goldman Sachs Wrong on Economic Recovery, Macro Hedge Funds Say
2009-09-01 04:01:01.8 GMT

By Cristina Alesci
Sept. 1 (Bloomberg) -- Paul Tudor Jones, the billionaire hedge-fund manager who outperformed peers last year, is wagering that Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and Morgan Stanley got it wrong in declaring the start of an economic recovery.
Jones’s Tudor Investment Corp., Clarium Capital Management LLC and Horseman Capital Management Ltd. are taking a bearish stand as U.S. stock and bond prices rise, saying that record government spending may be forestalling another slowdown and market selloff. The firms oversee a combined $15 billion in so- called macro funds, which seek to profit from economic trends by trading stocks, bonds, currencies and commodities.
“If we have a recovery at all, it isn’t sustainable,”
Kevin Harrington, managing director at Clarium, said in an interview at the firm’s New York offices. “This is more likely a ski-jump recession, with short-term stimulus creating a bump that will ultimately lead to a more precipitous decline later.”
food for the bears ? what , are you trying to give it the large one , pretending you're some type of city trader or something ?
:tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here