Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Razak signs

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
is all a tad surprising considering gus has always said he doesn't like loan deals and to do much business in the january window...still we are all entitled to a change of opinion....long as this lot fight for the club and give 100% plus then its fine by me

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
is all a tad surprising considering gus has always said he doesn't like loan deals and to do much business in the january window...still we are all entitled to a change of opinion....long as this lot fight for the club and give 100% plus then its fine by me

Not really, I am sure his comments were about short-term loans, and panic buys in the January window at OTT prices? He has also talked about liking to try players before buying them - so who knows?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

I think it is definitely something that Gus has learned over the last year or so. It is better to not have to rely on loan players, but when quality ones become available it is churlish to not seriously consider it.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I think it is definitely something that Gus has learned over the last year or so. It is better to not have to rely on loan players, but when quality ones become available it is churlish to not seriously consider it.

Also, they are both loans until the end of the season, so he can plan acccordingly.

Last edited:

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
...er Barcelona, Man City....and then B&HA .....sounds good doesn't it!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
These two sound very promising.

I'm not overly keen on the team being STUFFED with loan signings though if I'm honest. We could now have over half a team of loanee's on the pitch with Vokes, Reyes, Mattock, Assulin and Razak. Of course its great if they turn out to be quality and we get an option on a permanent deal. But I don't want to see our team become a revolving door of other clubs players who are looking for some 1st team action before going back to their own club, as inevitably it means some of our own squad are missing out (and I'm thinking particularly of the likes of JFC, who really needs to be involved to continue his development).

Gus obviously knows what he's doing, but I still think he needs to be careful to get the balance right.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
These two sound very promising.

I'm not overly keen on the team being STUFFED with loan signings though if I'm honest. We could now have over half a team of loanee's on the pitch with Vokes, Reyes, Mattock, Assulin and Razak. Of course its great if they turn out to be quality and we get an option on a permanent deal. But I don't want to see our team become a revolving door of other clubs players who are looking for some 1st team action before going back to their own club, as inevitably it means some of our own squad are missing out (and I'm thinking particularly of the likes of JFC, who really needs to be involved to continue his development).

Gus obviously knows what he's doing, but I still think he needs to be careful to get the balance right.

If we beat Liverpool we will start to build up a lot of games in hand and if we make the play-offs as well we will need a big squad as fatigue sets in. There are few other clubs in this division with any strength in Depth. This will count bigtime in the run in.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
If we beat Liverpool we will start to build up a lot of games in hand and if we make the play-offs as well we will need a big squad as fatigue sets in. There are few other clubs in this division with any strength in Depth. This will count bigtime in the run in.

A big THIS. We have 10 games in the next 45 days so we will need a decent size squad.

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
I think with recent form showing we could we good enough to be in the play-offs, GP and Bloom must've had a meeting and agreed to pay that little bit extra to get players like that - then hopefully get in the play-offs.

Happy days!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here