Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Razak signs

I think this is a sign of intent any player that has an ounce of premiership experience can only infuence and enhance the squad , yes loaning players in isnt the best policy but these are long term loans not just a month then off. if it helps us at least reach the play offs , makes the permanent members of squad work harder then let us embrace it.
I like the way the Albion are at the moment in the end people will sit up and take notice ( more then 1 m 5 secs on footy leaguie show) and think this is a well run side who are willing to go for what they believe!! We one league one last season our way , we are now 9th our way ( i was one who at the start said 19th would be ideal at the end of the season) we have won games our way and if we are to get out of this divsion then it will be our way !!!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
That's the game I'm talking about.

Just because these players aren't household names it is assumed they aren't up to it.

not to labour a point, but throwing a 19-yr old with virtually no first team experience into the crucial stage of a tough championship promotion race is a gamble. Still, there's good points on here that amount to gus deciding the current lot will fall short, so why not gamble, because he wants to get there as soon as possible. I'm not sure i agree, but we'll never know what would have happened the other way around, and the most important person at the club is gus himself, so its all a moot point anyway. We wouldn't be even talking about this without him.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Fair point. But that's why we're spending £15 million or whatever it is on a new academy. Temporarily we will see less home-grown talent coming through, but hopefully within 5-10 years that balance will be restored.

Indeed - hopefully future Razaks and Assulins will be "grown in Brighton".

There is an inevitability that only a few will ever make it through to regular first team level and the higher on the (league) tree you are the more you will import. Of the current crop clearly Agdestein and JFC might make it through along with maybe one or two more at most (statistically)

Perhaps the next milestone for the club's continued progress will be when we see more of "our" players going out on loan and being sold to Championship and League 1 clubs and getting regular first team chances elsewhere. As it stands I think Zamora, Crofts and Benno in the EPL, Davies and McNulty in the Championship, and Holroyd, Revell and Cox in League 1 are pretty much the only ex-Albion currently plying their trade above League 2? Admittedly not too bad for a side which until this season was essentially a League 1 outfit but if we establish ourselves at the current level you would tend to look for your old boys to be doing proportionately better.

People tend to forget that if just one of the crop turns out to be a multi-million pound sale it pays for the whole operation for quite some time :)

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
There is an inevitability that only a few will ever make it through to regular first team level and the higher on the (league) tree you are the more you will import. Of the current crop clearly Agdestein and JFC might make it through along with maybe one or two more at most (statistically).

Personally I reckon it'll be Hall and Sampayo who come up in the near future from the current crop.

Keepers are harder to call without going to reserve matches (if I had the time I'd consider it) but I reckon one of 'em might come good in the end.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Lets hope saints don't try to make man city a counter offer or west sham.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
tidy signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here