Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rangers v Brighton

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Fly to Edinburgh on Friday, asked my son if he fancies it but he hates Glasgow with a vengeance and said outside of the tourist area it's one of the unsafest places he has been and that was with his Scottish friends

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Fly to Edinburgh on Friday, asked my son if he fancies it but he hates Glasgow with a vengeance and said outside of the tourist area it's one of the unsafest places he has been and that was with his Scottish friends

Bit extreme. I enjoyed my time there.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Did something happen? My wife is from the outskirts of Glasgow and unless your hanging around the large council high rise estates which would be foolish to do in any city I find it hard to believe. I’ve never had an issue and I’ve been going there on and off for the last 25 years.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I was in Glasgow last week, and will be in Edinburgh next week. Gutted I can’t get to the game, but Glasgow was one of the nicest places I’ve been in the UK.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I've been going to Glasgow regularly for the last 30+ years, love it, have been all over the City, to Ibrox and Celtic Park and never had any trouble.

Or maybe Mrs Wz has just helped me become accustomed to the violence level of the average Glaswegian :wink:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Edinburgh is Eastbourne, Glasgow is Brighton. Glasgow is an absolutely fantastic city, whereas I found Edinburgh one of the dullest, most soulless places I’d ever been to. Each to their own I guess.

dinoj

Oct 6, 2012

What nonsense.

I've lived here for 12 years and have never felt unsafe. There are a few dodgy parts but on the whole it's a brilliant place.

This is the funniest thing I’ve read today

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Got hotel booked in Glasgow for the Sat night, I’ll find a way into Ibrox. Fairly sure there’ll be tickets available on the day, don’t mind being in the home end.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Got hotel booked in Glasgow for the Sat night, I’ll find a way into Ibrox. Fairly sure there’ll be tickets available on the day, don’t mind being in the home end.

There’s a 45 minute queue to get on their ticket website at the moment so I wouldn’t bank on tickets being available on the day.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Are pubs allowed to buy the match feed and show it ? ???

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
I will be amazed if we see a single Rangers 1st teamer on the pitch. They have Real Madrid next day and Champions League midweek.
Don't waste your money.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017

I’ve lived in Glasgow for the last 19 years and I dont recognise that at all.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I will be amazed if we see a single Rangers 1st teamer on the pitch. They have Real Madrid next day and Champions League midweek.
Don't waste your money.

Doubt we are playing Rangers for the challenge it presents. It'll be more about fitness than anything else and their second string will be good enough for that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here