Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rainbow Amex

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The rainbow laces is very worthly but from the welcome matt to the cards on seats with instructiions of what you have to do all seemed a bit contrived to me. People should be able to go to a football without being told what to do when they do. As I said all worthy but a little less preaching

Of course it was 'contrived'. How else do you get the message across to those who need the message the most? There didn't appear to be one gap in the East Stand Rainbow which suggests that everybody was happy with holding up a piece of coloured card for about a minute. There was ample opportunity for Fred Flintstone, Barney Rubble and other Neanderthals to not join in in a once a year event to help with inclusivity in our society.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The rainbow laces is very worthly but from the welcome matt to the cards on seats with instructiions of what you have to do all seemed a bit contrived to me. People should be able to go to a football without being told what to do when they do. As I said all worthy but a little less preaching
People still had a choice. If they didn't want to go to the effort of holding a piece of paper in the air for a whole minute, I'm sure they wouldn't have done it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Let’s face it, due to where it’s situated the club should be leading the LGBTQ conversation, not following it. Yesterday they did that. Well done the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Presumably you feel the same way about the pre-match Remembrance Day pitch wreath laying stuff, which, by your judgement, is also nothing whatsoever to do with football.

In fact, strange as it may seem, I do. There are plenty of Remembrance Day celebrations in cities, towns and villages all over the country (and I am very supportive of them), but in my opinion you do not need Remembrance Day commemorations at sporting events as well. Where do you draw the line? What deserves to be celebrated/remembered/recognised at football matches and what doesn't? It's a bit like the black armband discussion and the minutes silence/applause discussion.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Probably worth mentioning that all of the posts on this thread that have been attacked by others for overt or snide homophobia were made by people I have had on ignore for some time. All of them. :shrug:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
People are getting confused, this was a vote to see if we should show support for the rainbow laces campaign or not.

Supporters were asked to hold up a coloured piece of paper if they wanted to support the campaign and to refrain from doing so if they were against.

These were the results:
ELR_xvQWsAIXKrs.jpg

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Looked really good on telly.

I was on a Malaysian stream and was delighted that this was being beamed directly into screens over there.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Yes did you see all those stewards dive into the crowd hooking out people who didn’t hold a banner up and then being frog marched off by the police...disgusting

:facepalm:

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Well, judging by some of the responses on this thread we'll be having this campaign for many years to come still. For all those against being "preached to" by anti-homophobia or racism campaigns there is one very simple way of avoiding this. Stop being homophobic and racist. Easy.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
People are getting confused, this was a vote to see if we should show support for the rainbow laces campaign or not.

Supporters were asked to hold up a coloured piece of paper if they wanted to support the campaign and to refrain from doing so if they were against.

These were the results:
View attachment 117987

So with no one at all holding coloured paper in the South, West and North Stands, the No’s have it with a 3-1 majority.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here