Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Raf

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
junior said:

I also think some Universities have Air cadet squadrons or something similar.

That is what I was referring to. You can go straight from the ATC into that when you go to Uni.
Several of the people who were in the ATC with my two kids went on to be pilots although one of them went into the Navy (Fleet Air Arm) as a helicopter pilot.
That is why I am telling him that the ATC is such a good way of getting on.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
junior said:
Its just a genralisation.In the lower ranks "ruperts" are often seen as the butt of the joke,and while respected in my corps they often get the micky taken out of then (and take it very well).Prehaps twat was the wrong word.It was 06.30am when i wrote that!

Ok fair enough. My ex worked with an RAF pilot in Saudi (teaching the Saudis on a simulator) who then became a QFI at Cranwell. I went to his wedding at Cranwell. He is the only one of the friends that we had that I really miss since the divorce. Great bloke and certainly one for a laugh.

Yorkie said:
Ok fair enough. My ex worked with an RAF pilot in Saudi (teaching the Saudis on a simulator) who then became a QFI at Cranwell. I went to his wedding at Cranwell. He is the only one of the friends that we had that I really miss since the divorce. Great bloke and certainly one for a laugh.

So you had loads of friends you didn't actually like?
How well did you fake it for all the other people?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
NMH said:
So you had loads of friends you didn't actually like?
How well did you fake it for all the other people?

How you get that deduction is beyond me? ???

Ahem, let me explain;

You say you had 'friends', but only one did you really miss. BY mathematical deduction, one 'friend' from a plural 'group of friendS'. It computes that, since you do NOT miss any of the other 'friends', that either they were not real friends to you, or that you were not really a friend to them.

I don't know why I'm spelling it out for an adult woman, you girls are usually all over the social politics. Y'know, like on the soaps? ???

1066gull

Please please please keep this thread on topic.

Thanks.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yorkie said:
I went to his wedding at Cranwell. He is the only one of the friends that we had that I really miss since the divorce. Great bloke and certainly one for a laugh.

And from a previous thread some time ago and an exchange of pm's with Yorkie, it is more than probable that I was running the officers mess bar at that wedding!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here