Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RAF Regiment Gunner - Missing since Saturday (Suffolk)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Police searched the lorry after finding its route matched the movements of Corrie Mckeague's mobile phone.

I wonder how precisely his phone matched the route. It's extremely hard to be pinpoint accurate about a mobile's exact location, even using triangulation from multiple towers. GPS, I guess, but is that data saved anywhere?

"....the phone then moved to the Barton Mills area...." How quickly? Walking pace, or faster....? maybe he got a lift to close to Mildenhall (see below), hoping he could get a transport from Mildenhall to Honington??

Barton Mills is just outside Mildenhall (a suburb really), where there is, of course, another RAF base. Barton Mills is on a direct line from the centre of Bury to RAF Mildenhall, which is NW from Bury. Honington, where the lad is stationed, is NNE of Bury. Pretty unlikely that you'd make a mistake in the route you'd choose, but possible, I guess, if you were completely blattered.

Finally, Ampton Water, a 80-acre lake, is directly on the walking route from Bury to Honington.

I hope they find him soon, safe and well, however unlikely the latter part of that sentiment now is. Some have said that it's possible that the authorities are managing to keep a lid on his (possible) abduction. Really? Surely the perpetrators would splash it over FB or Twatter or Youtube? How would you control that?

An enigma.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Some have said that it's possible that the authorities are managing to keep a lid on his (possible) abduction. Really? Surely the perpetrators would splash it over FB or Twatter or Youtube? How would you control that?.

That is what I suggested, so it now swings back to misadventure looking probable.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I wonder how precisely his phone matched the route. It's extremely hard to be pinpoint accurate about a mobile's exact location, even using triangulation from multiple towers. GPS, I guess, but is that data saved anywhere?

"....the phone then moved to the Barton Mills area...." How quickly? Walking pace, or faster....? maybe he got a lift to close to Mildenhall (see below), hoping he could get a transport from Mildenhall to Honington??

Barton Mills is just outside Mildenhall (a suburb really), where there is, of course, another RAF base. Barton Mills is on a direct line from the centre of Bury to RAF Mildenhall, which is NW from Bury. Honington, where the lad is stationed, is NNE of Bury. Pretty unlikely that you'd make a mistake in the route you'd choose, but possible, I guess, if you were completely blattered.

Finally, Ampton Water, a 80-acre lake, is directly on the walking route from Bury to Honington.

I hope they find him soon, safe and well, however unlikely the latter part of that sentiment now is. Some have said that it's possible that the authorities are managing to keep a lid on his (possible) abduction. Really? Surely the perpetrators would splash it over FB or Twatter or Youtube? How would you control that?

An enigma.

That's a hell of a walk, I reckon enough to sober someone up ! He would have had to leave the country lane to disappear into Ampton Water but as you say it is possible. Maybe we will hear the results of any search there soon.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
That's a hell of a walk, I reckon enough to sober someone up ! He would have had to leave the country lane to disappear into Ampton Water but as you say it is possible. Maybe we will hear the results of any search there soon.

It is a long walk, I agree. If you zoom in, you'll see there are footpaths that head in the right direction (for Honington) off the country lane that go right round the shore. A long shot, I agree - pure speculation. BUT.... that's not the right direction if he was with his phone when it was heading to Barton Mills....

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Yep, it's a very long way along an unlit country road for someone almost unable to walk 10m (and unable to walk through the town) at 3am.
Despite his nap/sleep, I still doubt he could manage 6-8 miles of that road - by himself...

I'd be interested to know more about the phone movements though. What time (and where exactly) it was tracked to start moving, and at what speed.
Was the phone being used during the time it was moving?

I don't believe he was abducted/kidnapped. 10 days and no word from any undesirables.

I don't like to appear so flippant in any of this, but I think the searches around both Ampton Water and the Silver Spoon plant (has bodies of water very close by to Bury Centre) must be underway.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I served in the same regiment as this chap until recently and spent much of my time at RAF Honington (and on the piss in BSE). It is/was quite common for us to walk back to Honington from Bury if we missed the welfare bus.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I served in the same regiment as this chap until recently and spent much of my time at RAF Honington (and on the piss in BSE). It is/was quite common for us to walk back to Honington from Bury if we missed the welfare bus.

When did you do Pre-Para?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Thanks for posting. Did your route take you close to Ampton Water/Livermere Pool (Lake)?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Police request for people to check private CCTV footage is that not 'wiped' after 24 hours ?

Depends, my friends shop was advised to keep it for a minimum of a week just incase you notice during weekly stock checks thast you are down and someone has nicked something without you realising.

Gives you a (slim) chance of still getting the fu***rs

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Depends, my friends shop was advised to keep it for a minimum of a week just incase you notice during weekly stock checks thast you are down and someone has nicked something without you realising.

Gives you a (slim) chance of still getting the fu***rs

Licenced premises generally have to keep CCTV footage for a minimum of 30 days, sometimes longer depending on the licence authority.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Corrie McKeague: possible sighting of RAF serviceman missing for a month - The Guardian

The 23-year-old was thought to have been sighted near industrial estate in Suffolk, heading towards RAF Honington
The last confirmed sighting of Corrie McKeague, 23, was in the early hours of 24 September after he had been with friends on a night out in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
Now Suffolk police said they have received a report of possible sighting of McKeague near the Hollow Road industrial estate, heading towards RAF Honington. Officers were called by a man who told them he had been driving in the area when he spotted a man in light clothing at the back of a sugar beet factory at around 4.20am.
A Suffolk police spokesman said: “Police are currently working to see if this can be confirmed as Corrie. However, [we] are continuing to ask anyone who may have seen him anywhere in the area in the early hours of Saturday to come forward.”
McKeague, who had the weekend off, was reported missing on the following Monday, 26 September, after he failed to turn up at RAF Honington. CCTV footage showed McKeague walking alone and eating fast food in Brentgovel Street at 3.25am.
His mother, Nicola Urquhart of Dunfermline, fears someone else may have been involved but police said there was no evidence of criminality.
Police scoured woodland areas in the vicinity and also searched a bin lorry, believing his phone had been lost or discarded and ended up in rubbish.
McKeague is described as 5ft 10in, white, of medium build with short, light brown hair. He is believed to have been wearing a pink Ralph Lauren polo shirt and brown suede Timberland boots at the time of his disappearance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here