Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Radiohead

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
For me, they reached their peak with 'Hail to the Thief'. There are a couple of decent tracks on 'In Rainbows' but the album after (whose name escapes me) sounded like more of that terrible 'Eraser' stuff. Not particularly keen on Thom Yorke (or at least his public persona) either.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
For me, they reached their peak with 'Hail to the Thief'. There are a couple of decent tracks on 'In Rainbows' but the album after (whose name escapes me) sounded like more of that terrible 'Eraser' stuff. Not particularly keen on Thom Yorke (or at least his public persona) either.

Terrible? I have his solo work and Atoms right up there with the best.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I love a punch up at a wedding (the song, not wedding fighting). It builds wonderfully, just like so many great Radiohead songs. Street Spirit is another wonderful example. Terrific band. I do feel you have to be on the mood for them, but if you are...boom!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
If anyone makes that twottish comment "they're so depressing" I just have to steer the conversation away from music.

In Rainbows > Ok Computer > Kid A > The Bends > Amnesiac > The King of Limbs > Hail To The Thief > Pablo Honey
They're so depressing :whistle:
Try listening to that ray of sunshine Karma Police after a bad day at work.:shootself

the slow norris

Feb 8, 2005
Suffolk
Strange that this topic comes up today.... I was sat in Starbucks in bury at Edmunds this morning with the missus and fake plastic trees came on. I spent the entire song drifting away with a smile on my face, then spent 5ins boring the missus about how amazing it is. Best 2 back to back songs on an album IMHO are that and high and dry. Street spirit is (alongside I am the resurrection) the best ending to an album. The bends is outstanding. However, in rainbows is stunning, it just flows serenely. So, stick with them, they will reward you

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
The Bends, Ok Computer, Kid A, In Rainbows and Hail to the thief have been my favourite albums of the time through my teens, at uni and through my twenties and now in to my early 30's. I cant think of another band that has released such interesting and varied material over 15+ years. The remixes are great as well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ps herr, I saw them in berlin on their in rainbows tour in 08 in an amphitheatre in the forest just outside Berlin, the best gig of my life!

That will be the Waldbühne, I think. Wow. I'm envious, great band and a special venue.

the slow norris

Feb 8, 2005
Suffolk

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009

With the exception of a handful of albums released within the past 12 months, I think I've probably listened to King of Limbs more than any other album this year.

When it came out, I have to admit I struggled to get on with it, but now it just gets better and better with every listen. There's so much going on with the record and I find it a clever crossover between In Rainbows and the electronica that Thom Yorke has worked on or been strongly influenced by in the past few years. It's also good that it doesn't sound deliberately awkward and confused, like say, Amnesiac was.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not particularly keen on Thom Yorke (or at least his public persona) either.

A mate of mine met him recently and said he was a total cock. I'm slightly disappointed, but not massively surprised. I really liked The Eraser though.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
A mate of mine met him recently and said he was a total cock. I'm slightly disappointed, but not massively surprised. I really liked The Eraser though.

I met him in 1993, he was pretty aloof and didn't want much to do with the support band (which i was in). The bass player was sound though and the band shared their rider with us. Thom didn't really talk much , just wondered about being intellectual.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Consistently brilliant.

My favourites are In Rainbows and The Bends, but the rest (bar Pablo Honey) are very, very close. Best song has to be "Everything in it's Right Place"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here