Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Race Is ON To Tart Up London Road!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I had a pleasant few drinks in the new Hare and Hounds last weekend BUT was gobsmacked at the price of some of the beers. I know Punk IPA is usually expensive so I steer clear of it, however they also had a lighter, lower alcohol Brewdog beer on tap. I forget it's name now but I decided I'd have a pint of that, and it came in at £5.25!!

Bought a round of just three pints and got NO notes back from a score. OUCH

Forgot to mention that . A Hophead and a Coke = £7.20.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have been watching all the work being done on the Hare and Hounds, I see its going to be Meantime pup (small real ale brewer with pubs near Charlton's ground), was at the London Velodrome the other weekend and both Meantime and Dark Star had beer concessions there. It looks good, and will have Mexican Street food concensession, is this the end of UK Subs gigs though.

They must be confident that the new flats, investment else where will bring the punters in

http://www.hareandhoundsbrighton.co...o.uk&utm_campaign=BR0275110&utm_creative=Skin

Interesting that Meantime opened in Brighton before Brewdog.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Interesting that Meantime opened in Brighton before Brewdog.

I was corrected by Notters, its one of the Inigo chain, however Meantime have all their branding outside the pub as if its a a meantime owned pub.

Dark star and meantime also supply the beer to the reopened London Veledrome, which I imagine is part of the 'look Mum no hands' outfit that do the catering. Good beer getting into good places whoever owns it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was corrected by Notters, its one of the Inigo chain, however Meantime have all their branding outside the pub as if its a a meantime owned pub.

Dark star and meantime also supply the beer to the reopened London Veledrome, which I imagine is part of the 'look Mum no hands' outfit that do the catering. Good beer getting into good places whoever owns it.

It's interesting that mass catering venues are plumping for quality like Meantime. Good news.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
The people they're getting in to do the Mexican food are superb. I can see the place really taking off. Think I might pop in there on Saturday after the game.
Just been to the Hare and Hounds and had a few pints, tried the Mexican food, believe it was the La Choza people, I'm normally neutral about this type of food but it was excellent and the place was packed.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is the Brighton Beer Dispensary on London Rd. Just read an article in tonights Argus all about it opening next Thursday, the only problem is there was no mention of where in Brighton it is.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thanks for that a complete write up about the beers etc but no mention if where it is stupid really.

It does say Dean Street , which I thought was near Waitrose but is up by McDonalds. Is there normally & fruit a veg stall at the bottom of the street ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here