Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Race Is ON To Tart Up London Road!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I really don't see the point of abusive responses, why even bother.
I think that the place is old and decrepit, it needs totally rebuilding.
Start from the ground up and do it properly.
That is my opinion, like it or not.
It's funny how brave people can be when not meeting face to face, could be a different story then, so instead you resort to pathetic name calling, just grow up.
Yes, there is such a thing as an old fool.

Perhaps you hadn't noticed that the Open Market was raised to the ground and rebuilt.

D

Deleted User X18H

Can't stop now, don't you know I've been down to London Road - DON'T GO.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I was told (albeit a few months back) that co-op were looking to move back to their original premises underneath the student flats with the current co-op & boots being demolished for a new city coach station. Anybody else hear that?

One idea (I've just had) New England House which I believe is being demolished in the near future. On rebuilding the office block put under it a multi story car park.

Traffic into Brighton, let cars drive down London road to where the branch tavern is, make them all do a right turn there and have a park and ride service to sea front. People who fancy the walk could go through the lanes. Would give a boost to London Road shopping area and reduce the number of cars driving further into the city centre.

Then pedestrianise London road from the branch tavern junction, down to York place (assuming busses will enter/exit bus station through Oxford road).

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
One idea (I've just had) New England House which I believe is being demolished in the near future. On rebuilding the office block put under it a multi story car park.

Traffic into Brighton, let cars drive down London road to where the branch tavern is, make them all do a right turn there and have a park and ride service to sea front. People who fancy the walk could go through the lanes. Would give a boost to London Road shopping area and reduce the number of cars driving further into the city centre.

Then pedestrianise London road from the branch tavern junction, down to York place (assuming busses will enter/exit bus station through Oxford road).

Really? Where did this nugget come from?

True, it's an ugly building, but I've only read reports that intend to keep it going.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Really? Where did this nugget come from?

True, it's an ugly building, but I've only read reports that intend to keep it going.

Isn't New England House going to be the future of "Digital Brighton" ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It certainly seems to be the intention to encourage digital firms into there.

Businesses appear to like a 'hub'.

Presumably they'll look to improve the look of the place then, as it really is up there with the ugliest buildings in Brighton.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Presumably they'll look to improve the look of the place then, as it really is up there with the ugliest buildings in Brighton.

The same was said about Embassy Court at one time not that long ago, and that scrubbed up well. Has to be said though that New England House might prove a tad more of a challenge. Never Say Never tho eh?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The same was said about Embassy Court at one time not that long ago, and that scrubbed up well. Has to be said though that New England House might prove a tad more of a challenge. Never Say Never tho eh?

Must be doable though, there are plenty of nasty old sixties buildings that have been improved over the years (admittedly not many in Brighton but then we all know how long any planning issues take around these parts).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Must be doable though, there are plenty of nasty old sixties buildings that have been improved over the years (admittedly not many in Brighton but then we all know how long any planning issues take around these parts).

Just don't let the West Pier Trust people anywhere near it, else it'll fall around their ears while they preserve their salaries first and foremost.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just don't let the West Pier Trust people anywhere near it, else it'll fall around their ears while they preserve their salaries first and foremost.

Or mysteriously burn to the ground one night following a planning application from another, nearby office block to be the digital hub instead.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here