Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

R.I.P. The Jungle

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You see I agree with all that but that is not the fault of the kids in the jungle and we have only taken 200.
I guess I am just so angry about the attitude of that moron on the news at 6. I would have liked to have punched his teeth out.
And, not that it matters or do I care but I am certainly not a yoghurt knitting liberal or peace loving left wing supporter, just someone that cares a bit especially where,OK let's call them younger people, are involved.

I'm probably not that far from your view. Where we probably differ is that I think it important not only that we show compassion to potential immigrants but equally that they should be documented and numbers restricted to what can be coped with. Unfortunately the suspicion is that there are elements that would just escalate the numbers indefinitely. Often these people are feeding a moral superiority complex. This, in my view, makes others reluctant to budge. Perhaps if the proponents of immigration were to
set the limits they would have more credibility.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't think that explanation makes any sense actually.

This type of argument always seems to start and end the same way. It starts with people feeling bad about the Calais situation, believing they should be let into the UK, and dismissing any opposition as racist, stupid and unsympathetic. Then, when they are asked why a refugee would want to leave France for the UK , they cite the complexity of the situation and impossibility of knowing all the reasons for travel.

Bottom line is, they want to get here because it would improve their personal circumstances, and it has nothing to do with asylum, because France is a safe country! If they actually have relatives in the UK and want to stay with them, then they should have registered as asylum seekers in the first safe country they enter and then travel to the UK by legitimate means.

I didn't mention Calais as the example I gave was a family in Greece.

My second paragraph said there are no simple answers. I think that makes sense.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Where did I say they were offered that? Forthe record they did offer them land. You really do just like to argue for the sake of it. You're a boring shit.
In your post. You should read what you post more carefully.

You always were tedious, and frequently obnoxious, in the referendum debates. You lost, by the way - and it looked as if you were doing the world - or at least NSC - a favour by going quiet for a while. Shame you changed your mind. Anyway, now that you've sunk to the level of potty-mouth boorish four-letter abuse, it's time I stopped giving your posts the respect of even reading them, so you're on ignore.

Please feel free to gnash your teeth at the fact that your 'witty' riposte will never even reach me.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
In your post. You should read what you post more carefully.

You always were tedious, and frequently obnoxious, in the referendum debates. You lost, by the way - and it looked as if you were doing the world - or at least NSC - a favour by going quiet for a while. Shame you changed your mind. Anyway, now that you've sunk to the level of potty-mouth boorish four-letter abuse, it's time I stopped giving your posts the respect of even reading them, so you're on ignore.

Please feel free to gnash your teeth at the fact that your 'witty' riposte will never even reach me.

Oooh, the drama! Gutted.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Journalists really are bone idle. They just repeat the same stories for the odd century or two.

[tweet]790500230676504576[/tweet]

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Journalists really are bone idle. They just repeat the same stories for the odd century or two.

With Muslims being oppressed all over the world ,perhaps with should give sanctuary to them . All 1.6 Billion .

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I would also question "parents" who are content to remain safely in this country while their "children" (I use that in the loosest sense for some of them) are left to fend for themselves in Calais ?
Exactly.... for the most part this child refugee issue pertaining to Calais in particular, is a scam......

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Population of U.K. 1900 compared to 2016 ?
Public service provision 1900 compared to 2016 ?
Size of economy 1900 compared to 2016 ?
Numbers of similar background and language skills already admitted 1900 compared to 2016 ? This will directly affect integration chances. The UK has had fairly large scale immigration for
some years now whereas continental Europe (especially Germany) is just starting.
It's a different discussion now albeit with Daily Mail type elements, as you say, tagged on. The problem is that it is convenient for those without an actual plan on immigration to tar everyone else as in the Daily Mail group. Same was done in the Referendum debate and it just lacks credibility.
The tweet is more moral superiority on the part of the tweeter and has little to do with caring about actual people.

Last edited:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
It's a different discussion now albeit with Daily Mail type elements, as you say, tagged on. The problem is that it is convenient for those without an actual plan on immigration to tar everyone else as in the Daily Mail group. Same was done in the Referendum debate and it just lacks credibility.

You've got to admit, it's impressive how they stick to their guns. 116 years and counting!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

35K to 59K. Only 2% of Britain is built up, so saying we haven't got room is not true. What we do need is investment, but that's down to the government not the number of people living here.

Immigrants aid public service provision. Look how many immigrant doctors & nurses we have in the NHS.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Talking of drama, why are you posting under the name clamp? Obviously I appreciate the connection

Sorry, I don't follow. I post under The Clamp because that's my user name. Same reason anyone posts under their username. connection?

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
35K to 59K. Only 2% of Britain is built up, so saying we haven't got room is not true. What we do need is investment, but that's down to the government not the number of people living here.

Immigrants aid public service provision. Look how many immigrant doctors & nurses we have in the NHS.

What's the 35k to 59k ?
People emigrate for work therefore they want in the main to live in already over crowded areas. This means that the percentage of the country that is built up is not a relevant number and that there are important public service
consequences. Yes this investment is the Government's responsibility but that means the taxpayer and therefore it needs to be considered and planned for alongside other competing uses of scarce resources. There is no magic wand and if you want to spend on unlimited immigration you will need to cut elsewhere.
I agree with you about immigrants aiding public service provision. So where is the plan for this ? We need to identify the potential shortfall in domestic skills and identify the best source of immigrant skills. Oh no, we can't do this as we are told it's racist......Do you see the problem ? Also, any such plan should include supporting countries from which we cherry pick labour otherwise we are effectively asset stripping. We don't have any such plan. All we have is 'let's let everyone in from
Calais and hopefully some of them will be doctors and nurses .' The proponents of continued mass immigration don't want a plan because that would define parameters and of course that would be racist as well wouldn't it.
It is hopelessly naive.

Last edited:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

Only 2%. Where I live it seems like an awful lot more than that. Ah but there is Scotland and Wales and North England, where nobody lives.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What's the 35k to 59k ?
People emigrate for work therefore they want in the main to live in already over crowded areas. This means that the percentage of the country that is built up is not a relevant number and that there are important public service
consequences. Yes this investment is the Government's responsibility but that means the taxpayer and therefore it needs to be considered and planned for alongside other competing uses of scarce resources. There is no magic wand and if you want to spend on unlimited immigration you will need to cut elsewhere.
I agree with you about immigrants aiding public service provision. So where is the plan for this ? We need to identify the potential shortfall in domestic skills and identify the best source of immigrant skills. Oh no, we can't do this as we are told it's racist......Do you see the problem ? Also, any such plan should include supporting countries from which we cherry pick labour otherwise we are effectively asset stripping. We don't have any such plan. All we have is 'let's let everyone in from
Calais and hopefully some of them will be doctors and nurses .' The proponents of continued mass immigration don't want a plan because that would define parameters and of course that would be racist as well wouldn't it.
It is hopelessly naive.

Investment with money from the taxpayer. If only all those who should pay tax, actually do so.

I'm not saying that we should cherry pick immigrants, but children of immigrants often go on to become useful members of society. People who have lost it all (or never had it) tend to work harder, and encourage their children to get on in life.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Only 2%. Where I live it seems like an awful lot more than that. Ah but there is Scotland and Wales and North England, where nobody lives.

Yorkshire does have large conurbations but there's still loads of space. I'm not talking about the Dales or North York moors either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here