Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

R.I.P. The Jungle

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yorkshire does have large conurbations but there's still loads of space. I'm not talking about the Dales or North York moors either.

Fly over Britain and it's easy to see how little of the land is built up. Rather hearteneing.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
I wouldn't be so presumptuous to suggest that an area was suitable for additional populations when I don't live there myself .

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Investment with money from the taxpayer. If only all those who should pay tax, actually do so.

I'm not saying that we should cherry pick immigrants, but children of immigrants often go on to become useful members of society. People who have lost it all (or never had it) tend to work harder, and encourage their children to get on in life.

I agree with each of those sentences. However it does not constitute a plan.
You mentioned doctors and nurses. It is no more likely that children of immigrants will do these jobs than any other children. That is not what is happening. The doctors and nurses you see from abroad have been recruited from poorer countries who have lost their skills. There are consequences to Thatcherite free for all no planning decision making and the wonderful benefit we derive means loss elsewhere. Think Manchester Utd plucking skilled footballers from Accrington Stanley using their financial might.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yorkshire does have large conurbations but there's still loads of space. I'm not talking about the Dales or North York moors either.

Fly over Britain and it's easy to see how little of the land is built up. Rather hearteneing.

So that's the space issue sorted...... well, apart from planning ,financial and suitability considerations. Now, where do these people work ? What's the school and healthcare provision ? What are the likely integration issues ? Lots of questions. I don't hear any politicians asking them.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Journalists really are bone idle. They just repeat the same stories for the odd century or two.

[tweet]790500230676504576[/tweet]

And the winner of the how-subtly-can-you-call-everyone-a-racist competition is found!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What happened to Nipple, is he ok, did he move in the end?

No idea who or what you are talking about. If you have a problem with another poster I suggest you take it up with them. I'm hereto discuss the topic, not to be a part of your odd agenda.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I wouldn't be so presumptuous to suggest that an area was suitable for additional populations when I don't live there myself .
Was up the Dales a fortnight ago. Lovely unspoilt areas, history, listed buildings etc. These are the sort of areas that people who live in built up and overcrowded areas escape to.
Yeah let's bugger those areas up as well.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So that's the space issue sorted...... well, apart from planning ,financial and suitability considerations. Now, where do these people work ? What's the school and healthcare provision ? What are the likely integration issues ? Lots of questions. I don't hear any politicians asking them.

I merely stated there was a lot of countryside in the UK. Not that we should fill it with foreigners. You lot are so bloody defensive, sensitive and tecthy. Stop looking for arguments where there are none.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I merely stated there was a lot of countryside in the UK. Not that we should fill it with foreigners. You lot are so bloody defensive, sensitive and tecthy. Stop looking for arguments where there are none.

:) hey mate I'm not part of a 'lot' and not defensive either. I thought your comment was part of the 'do we have room' part of the debate I was having with Thunderbolt. If not, then no worries. I am simply asking questions that tv personality politicians and campaigners should be asking if they are serious about the issue of global population movement.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
:) hey mate I'm not part of a 'lot' and not defensive either. I thought your comment was part of the 'do we have room' part of the debate I was having with Thunderbolt. If not, then no worries. I am simply asking questions that tv personality politicians and campaigners should be asking if they are serious about the issue of global population movement.

I apologise.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Fly over France and see how little is built on, then fly over Britain and see how much is built on !

France is many times bigger than the UK. I flew over Britain last year, I was happy to see it was still mostly unspoilt countryside. That was my entire point. Nothing more.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
France is many times bigger than the UK. I flew over Britain last year, I was happy to see it was still mostly unspoilt countryside. That was my entire point. Nothing more.

Population density (persons per sq Km), we are twice as densily populated as Germany and three and half times that of France.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Was up the Dales a fortnight ago. Lovely unspoilt areas, history, listed buildings etc. These are the sort of areas that people who live in built up and overcrowded areas escape to.
Yeah let's bugger those areas up as well.

Yorkshire is not overcrowded and the Dales are part of a National Park. I have lived up there, so I know that there are many brownfield sites which can be developed. Orgreave, for example, was a coking plant. There is a brand new housing estate, with surgeries and a school which is now called Waverley, that has been built there. It's quite attractive as I know someone who is living there, and visited them on August bank holiday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here