Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Questions for the Recruitment Department

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
1 question. We all know a signing is a chance that could be good or bad but why do we have so many bad buys. The law of averages says that we must get a decent one someday.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I just want to know when we will finally overhaul the Pröpper-Stephens midfield ?

To get out of our 3 year relegation battle it has to go.

I had high hopes of Bissouma being part of the answer, but that has been a massive disappointment.

Missing out on Soucek and Berge this window has been a bitter hammer blow :nono:

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
I just want to know when we will finally overhaul the Pröpper-Stephens midfield ?

To get out of our 3 year relegation battle it has to go.

I had high hopes of Bissouma being part of the answer, but that has been a massive disappointment.

Missing out on Soucek and Berge this window has been a bitter hammer blow :nono:

Because they stay until one of them scores from 25 yards (headers not included):dunce:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Apparently we’re not allowed to ask questions of them, or be critical. So let’s just say the recruitment dept are doing a smashing job.

If you've been a fan of the Albion for a number of years you will be aware that Bloom and his team do not transact business via the back pages of the newspapers or social media. Ask your questions but why do you think they are obliged to reply to you?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
1 question. We all know a signing is a chance that could be good or bad but why do we have so many bad buys. The law of averages says that we must get a decent one someday.

Taylor Richards
Todd Miller
Adam Webster
Neal Maupay
Romaric Yapi
Aaron Mooy

Those are our signings this season, the first team ones in bold. Surely, you're not saying Mooy hasn't been decent. Maupay is on course for double figures in his first season at this level. Bad? ???

I already know your opinion on Webster.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Of the 3 Mooy is by far the biggest success, Maupay is a a good 2nd striker but is used as our main striker Webster the least said the better. The rest are unproven and in the U23s.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Taylor Richards
Todd Miller
Adam Webster
Neal Maupay
Romaric Yapi
Aaron Mooy

Those are our signings this season, the first team ones in bold. Surely, you're not saying Mooy hasn't been decent. Maupay is on course for double figures in his first season at this level. Bad? ???

I already know your opinion on Webster.

Trossard!!!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
If you've been a fan of the Albion for a number of years you will be aware that Bloom and his team do not transact business via the back pages of the newspapers or social media. Ask your questions but why do you think they are obliged to reply to you?

Do you honestly think I was expecting a member of the recruitment team to log into NSC and respond to this thread?

Strange comment.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
When are you going to buy players who can Shoot AND hit the target ? ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Have the recruitment dept been in a deep sleep since August, if so they have missed the season slowly unravelling and all our relegation rivals strengthening their squads during this window

Of course they haven't. They are scouting players and providing recommendations all year round.

If we don't sign anyone in this window, the reason will be because Tony Bloom didn't want to sign a cheque for any of the recommended players.

By all means slate Tony for this, but you have to acknowledge that he is why we are here in the first place.

My view is that we're crying out for another striker, but if TB doesn't want to spend I have to reluctantly accept, that's it's his money, he's the one that stands to lose financially if we go down. He's taken us this far on the basis of good long term planning and if he and the football people around him don't think that the recommended players offer value for money I have to trust his decision making.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Do you honestly think I was expecting a member of the recruitment team to log into NSC and respond to this thread?

Strange comment.

:facepalm:

No, I wasn't expecting you to ask them directly but you started the thread because you don't know what they're doing because they don't broadcast what they're doing.

You imply they weren't prepared but again, you haven't a clue what is going on behind the scenes. You seem to suggest they are sitting around all year doing nothing. Now, I don't believe you honestly think that, it's just bourne out of frustration that they aren't providing regular updates!! Personally, I prefer our style of doing business. One of the alternatives is to end up spunking £35 million on a misfiring striker!!!!

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
2) We have spent 60m+ every season on players including this season already in the summer. We don’t have a large budget, but we compete with what we have got.

if we stay up, recruitment really need to focus on quality. Whereas for £60m+ we might expect 4 players, I think we should get a couple of higher quality players. There’s always a risk of it back firing but less than the current approach surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here