Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Question for blood donors

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Never had one cancelled but on one occasion I was told they had a 2 hour delay and because of other commitments I couldn't wait that long. Doing my 36th donation next week at the Charmandean. Every pint helps!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Lots of spaces at the cricket ground on June 6th and a gap on March 13th too if you can get there at 13:25

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
On Monday I dished up #70 up at the racecourse, and they had a number of new staff and trainees, so hopefully the cancellations due to staff shortages will ease/be a thing of the past.

It was also the first session I'd been to since Covid started where there wasn't a single mask in use (staff or donors).

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
On Monday I dished up #70 up at the racecourse, and they had a number of new staff and trainees, so hopefully the cancellations due to staff shortages will ease/be a thing of the past.

It was also the first session I'd been to since Covid started where there wasn't a single mask in use (staff or donors).
Got my 75th booked for next week in Worthing. I usually donate in Shoreham but I turned up at my last appointment in January to find the whole session had been cancelled! No text or call to let me know! This has happened a number of times in Shoreham - so I hope you're right about new staff etc (y)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Got turned away at my last visit due to a recent illness. Never had that before, was looking forward to my pint of squash and pack of TUC biscuits!

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Got turned away at my last visit due to a recent illness. Never had that before, was looking forward to my pint of squash and pack of TUC biscuits!
This is my go to after a donation of red stuff ... ;)

Bourbon_biscuit.jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

At the Cricket Ground a couple of weeks ago, I had a trainee finger pricker and a trainee taking the blood. The one taking the blood wasn't that confident she could make out the vein. I tried to encourage her with 'Give it a go, what's the worst that can happen' but it didn't seem to help and her supervisor did me instead :wink:

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I used to donate at the County Ground in Hove but the whole thing was such a clusterfuck of disorganisation, overbooking and general mayhem that you ended up waiting for 2-3 hours. Gave up going in the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here