Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] QPR U21 v Albion U21 Mon Nov 14

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
BB is 14 days older than Enciso but is out of contract in June next year rather than the Paraguayan whose deal ends in 2026. I wonder if we’ll extend BB’s contract?
From what I saw a very cool customer on the ball, sold the opposition players a few times.
Hopefully they'll extend his contract.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
BB is 14 days older than Enciso but is out of contract in June next year rather than the Paraguayan whose deal ends in 2026. I wonder if we’ll extend BB’s contract?
Baker-Boaity (I hate all this, 'I use initials 'cos I'm in the loop, doncha know' bollocks - it seems very elitist) may or may not come good. Players develop and flourish at different ages and different speeds.
And, to be fair, Enciso played like a pretty average U21 player yesterday.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Baker-Boaity (I hate all this, 'I use initials 'cos I'm in the loop, doncha know' bollocks - it seems very elitist) may or may not come good. Players develop and flourish at different ages and different speeds.

Well if you love abbreviations, this is for you (y)

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
The Enciso thing yesterday was strange, in previous times i have seen him he has taken people on and had a few shots at goal. However yesterday nothing and a huge disappointment, so much so that the substitute was himself substituted (although probably for tactical reasons?). It did cross my mind that perhaps he was thinking about the sham tournament but that maybe a tad harsh on the young man. Whatever the reason given a big chance to impress he was pretty poor.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The Enciso thing yesterday was strange, in previous times i have seen him he has taken people on and had a few shots at goal. However yesterday nothing and a huge disappointment, so much so that the substitute was himself substituted (although probably for tactical reasons?). It did cross my mind that perhaps he was thinking about the sham tournament but that maybe a tad harsh on the young man. Whatever the reason given a big chance to impress he was pretty poor.
In his defence Enciso could never have imagined that he’d be replacing Lallana after 3 minutes. A strange substitution by RDZ

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Rather than being elitist I’d guess it’s either laziness or people not being sure of spellings.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It did cross my mind that perhaps he was thinking about the sham tournament but that maybe a tad harsh on the young man. Whatever the reason given a big chance to impress he was pretty poor.
Im not sure the World Cup is going to play on his mind too much as he isn’t going. Paraguay didn’t qualify. Maybe he’s got a nice holiday booked for the 2 weeks off the first team have and was already on the beach.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
That was crazy - we looked poor for 75 mins , then got back into it then our keeper has to make 2(3?) saves in less than a minute. Extra time last minute, we have a shot cleared off the line and then a goal with penultimate kick of the game. The sending off helped the last 3 mins, guy fouling one of ours because he thought(rightly IMO) that he had been fouled but not given. e

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Stood there at half-time with my QPR mate grinning at me wasn't great.
Baker-Boaitey made all the difference, and what a left foot that lads got.
Worth the £5 entry fee.........
Guess who was smiling on way home and back in time for Celeb Jungle
Sometimes you just have to enjoy these games for what they are.

QPR are having a dreadful season and for them to take a 3-0 lead at half time, reflects a poor first half Brighton performance and an unsettled side. There was a long list of absences last night, which will have made a difference, credit to the youngsters for turning this around in the second half.

Young players do develop at different rates and Benicio Baker-Boaitey has not been a stand out from the games I have seen and is not always selected. You have to hope that he gains some confidence from the goal and second half performance and can kick on from here, but the bar is very high now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here