Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Qatar World Cup

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Download todays Nicky Campbell 9am show, was all about basically. Personally I think it’s going to be the least watched WC this century. I’m not bothering with it and know lots other football fans doing likewise. Should never been awarded to, and it’s my little contribution to the F uck You FIFA movement all right minded fans will identify with :) Be hilarious if England players decided to snog each other as a goal celebration in Qatar.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Download todays Nicky Campbell 9am show, was all about basically. Personally I think it’s going to be the least watched WC this century. I’m not bothering with it and know lots other football fans doing likewise. Should never been awarded to, and it’s my little contribution to the F uck You FIFA movement all right minded fans will identify with :) Be hilarious if England players decided to snog each other as a goal celebration in Qatar.
YOu're going to have to pay more than ROnaldo earns to get anyone to snog Harry Kane

otherwise I agree, it's a disgraceful turn of events.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
YOu're going to have to pay more than ROnaldo earns to get anyone to snog Harry Kane

otherwise I agree, it's a disgraceful turn of events.
That’s a very powerful image you’ve left there. I hope I’m able to sleep tonight :eek:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sort of agree - as far as England are concerned I'd be quite happy if they walked out - but I do want to see how te Albion players in the WC squads get on; bit of a conflict of interest there!
Out of interest, the Morecambe fans' forum version of Bozza has declared the Morecambe boards a WC free zone. Some support, but hasn't gone down well with all of them; censorship and all that................... boo!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Such important human issues going on that it needed some of the big boys to pull out
Wonder if there'll be any response from FIFA to the suggestion of kicking Iran out as an ally of Russia, and allowing Ukraine to take their place. Cant see them doing anything so decent myself (unless there's a lot of brown envelopes in it, which presumably there aren't). Fully in favour myself.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Wonder if there'll be any response from FIFA to the suggestion of kicking Iran out as an ally of Russia, and allowing Ukraine to take their place. Cant see them doing anything so decent myself (unless there's a lot of brown envelopes in it, which presumably there aren't). Fully in favour myself.
I would then like Ukraine to turn down the offer based on Qatar's Humanitarian record.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Only if they kick England and Wales out for supplying the Saudis with weapons when they bomb Yemen I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
We Canadians are excited. Not only have we made the WC for only the second time ever (our only appearance was back in 1986), but the team is actually quite competitive and plays entertaining football. The Guardian has been ranking us at around 16, 17. However, we find ourselves in a tough group with Germany, Belgium and Morocco. The best we can probably hope for is 1-1-1.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Nice sentiments but kind of lacking in any description of how what they are doing is going to make any lasting difference. My feeling is that the positive steps taken in Qatar are PR moves and will be rescinded after the WC.

I think the players speaking out is good but for me it doesn't go far enough. It simply should not be held in Qatar and I would prefer that countries boycotted it. That would be a powerful statement.

I am sure I will take a passing interest but I am not going to get as involved as I usually do. Not that FiFA, Qatar or anyone else will give a shit of course.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
1. If teams should be kicked for political reasons, there would be no nations that could compete in this or any World Cup
2. If they would throw out Iran... why replace them with Ukraines? It should be the next team from Asia - the lovely UAE.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
"Working conditions have been improved & a minimum wages have been established" over the last 2 years they've been 'learning' about Qatar according to that vid. Perhaps they and some of us need reminding how long it's taken Qatar to build the infrastructure to host the WC & how many people have died and/or been subjected to inhumane working conditions whilst building it. The human rights issues haven't just magically appeared when everyone remembered the WC is being held there, they will magically disappear while the WC is being played & then will reappear once the last rainbow bootlace has left Qatar. But hey ho, money talks. :rolleyes:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
1. If teams should be kicked for political reasons, there would be no nations that could compete in this or any World Cup
Bollocks. There would be plenty - just all those nations who aren't supplying rockets to kill civilian targets in Ukraine.
2. If they would throw out Iran... why replace them with Ukraines? It should be the next team from Asia - the lovely UAE.
If you can't see the obvious reason, there really is no hope for your logical facilities. Think about it - you really can't think of a reason why it should be Ukraine? Seriously?

Wow!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here