Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Puzzling Posh Panic

Sometimes there's a danger of forgetting that our 'rivals' also have to play some matches that will be tough.
It's normal that lower sides will start playing out of their skins, and consider the highest flyers as their 'cup final', and that means us in particular, for ALL the division. It's only going to get harder, so let's not be the first to blink - hunger for goals and points is imperative until the last.

It can be said that we are 3 losses ahead (i.e. Posh need to win 2 draw 1 while we lose 3) and with 2 games in hand as well, before we could let slip our promotion place. That's quite impressive!

For Southampton we are 3 losses and a draw ahead, with the same number of games.

Still, with either of those, there's have to be TWO clubs to displace us completely from the auto places.
Looking less likely every week, but of course we will love love love it when/if we are mathematically out of sight.

Eyes on the prize for our players - there's no time to take an off-game and say it won't matter. That sort of attitude is for Mcghees...... I mean 'losers'.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Being an Albion fan of over 35 years, one thing has taught me.............never be optimistic. The game against Oldham might be crucial. Udders are at home, so if we slip up against Oldham then the lead might be down to 2 pts. Appreciate that we have games in hand, but a slip up might cause us to buckle under the pressure.

Hasn't so far and I hope it dont. My record of seeing the Albion away is terrible, so perhaps I should stay away on saturday.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Come, come look at the tables and answer the following questions.

1 QPR - who thinks they will be caught ?
2 Crawley who thinks they will be caught ?

Answer 1 QPR fans
Answer 2 Crawley fans

anyone else comes from the Nigel Adkins school of maths.

We have a couple of rivals bang on form, which maybe the other two don't but we are also UNBEATEN at home and pretty bloody handy away.
Peterboro can score double figures and not concede, every game for the rest of the season and it will make bugger all difference to us. We just need to keep beating what is put in front of us.

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
come, come look at the tables and answer the following questions.

1 qpr - who thinks they will be caught ?
2 crawley who thinks they will be caught ?

Answer 1 qpr fans
answer 2 crawley fans

anyone else comes from the nigel adkins school of maths.

We have a couple of rivals bang on form, which maybe the other two don't but we are also unbeaten at home and pretty bloody handy away.
Peterboro can score double figures and not concede, every game for the rest of the season and it will make bugger all difference to us. We just need to keep beating what is put in front of us.

this ^

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here