Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs in Southampton showing Colchester game

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
From my time working there, I'd say it's VERY unlikely that they will show us over the Scousers unless we turn up early with a fair old mob.

There's me and a Colchester-supporting friend in the same boat, so open to suggestions!

If HKFC is correct about the university sports ground bar only having Sky sports, then that could be a winner. Right opposite Parkway station.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Last time we had a televised match a few of us went to the Varsity in Portswood.
They had multi channels so it probably would be on.
It was Freshers night so all these 16 year olds keep rushing in, in fancydress, necking pints and legging it out again. :laugh:

Who needs a pub in Southampton when you can go to mates student residences with SS1!!

Guaranteed to be on as all my mates there are league 1 fans also!!

Can't think of any certain place that would definetly have it on unfortunatley, possibly Yates's, but thats bout it from around city centre!!

The Brighton Ace

Nov 14, 2008
Sussex by the sea
Last time we had a televised match a few of us went to the Varsity in Portswood.
They had multi channels so it probably would be on.
It was Freshers night so all these 16 year olds keep rushing in, in fancydress, necking pints and legging it out again. :laugh:

I think I'll do the same again. Also, if there a few of you they'll put on what you want. If all else fails then the Mitre will have to game on one of the screens

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
The Varsity on London Road's got multi screens now, my mate's the landlord, I'll be in there at the weekend for the missus' birthday so will ask him if he'll show it & let you know.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Would be there, but working in Brighton and won't be back till late, so will have to listen on the road. :angry:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Okey doke, it seems that Varsity is the way forward as both have dual feeds for Sky.

Just have to decide which one now! London Rd is more convenient, but Portswood is nicer - I really don't mind, so if someone has a strong opinion, let's run with that one.

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
Okey doke, it seems that Varsity is the way forward as both have dual feeds for Sky.

Just have to decide which one now! London Rd is more convenient, but Portswood is nicer - I really don't mind, so if someone has a strong opinion, let's run with that one.

I've just spoken to my mate, London Rd Varsity will be showing the game upstairs on the small TVs but they'll be using the projector downstairs for the Liverpool game.

The atmosphere's better upstairs anyway but they, as usual, will not open the top bar. I may pop in when we get back from London on Monday night to laugh at you clowns :lolol:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Portswood varsity have said that they're showing it but wont have any sound on which is a bit weird

Didn't have sound on last time. If their showing more than one game on multiple screens it makes it a bit confusing. Babel. Tis OK though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here