Pubs for Reading

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jan 30, 2008
Went in that boozer with about 60 brighton one year and we locked ourselves in,the rozers wanted to come in and were going berserk outside,bar staff coudn't see the old bill banging on the door!:moo:
That year they got police horses to clear a pub beer garden prior to the game happy days!:moo:
when we played them at Elm park ,the year Reading got promoted?

JC_RFC

Dec 22, 2011
Three Guineas is usually full of away fans....its attached to the station - on your right as you walk out !

Oakford is opposite the station - not been in there on a match day but is usually a grungy / arty place, can't imagine its a football pub. May be wrong though

Hope Tap is further into town - typical Wetherspoons - awful !

I take it you do realise there are no trains running

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There is an excellent pub called The Swan, immediately south of Junction 11 of the M4 (which is the junction adjacent to the Madejski). Its in Three Mile Cross, on Basingstoke Road. You can park there If you don't mind a brisk 20 minute walk to the ground, and it also means you'll skip the post-match traffic snarl-up around the stadium. A bit hairy crossing the roundabouts mind, but thats where I go the last couple of times I've gone to this game.

Good food asd well, and a nice beer garden (abeit not much use on Boxing Day).

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
There is an excellent pub called The Swan, immediately south of Junction 11 of the M4 (which is the junction adjacent to the Madejski). Its in Three Mile Cross, on Basingstoke Road. You can park there If you don't mind a brisk 20 minute walk to the ground, and it also means you'll skip the post-match traffic snarl-up around the stadium. A bit hairy crossing the roundabouts mind, but thats where I go the last couple of times I've gone to this game.

Isn't the swan the one with the dogs in the car park behind?junction 11 has been massively revamped and you can now walk over junction 11 on foot:thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not any more. New junction with raised cycle path/footway over the roundabout. Perfectly safe now.

Isn't the swan the one with the dogs in the car park behind?junction 11 has been massively revamped and you can now walk over junction 11 on foot:thumbsup:

Well there ya go then.

PERFECT pre-match fayre.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria

Is the correct answer. The real bonus is you won't have to set foot in the hellhole that is Reading town centre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports