Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs for Reading

Brian Fairey

Southern Scouse
Dec 12, 2011
Anyone got any idea? I'd rather buy the Sun newspaper than drink in a shite Wetherspoons pub or similar.

Couldn't get a ticket for this one back in the day when Reading were in the Prem and played LFC, so really looking forward to this one.

I've heard Reading fans are loud so should be a great atmosphere. :clap:

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Why don't you go to Anfield instead, fairy?

Jan 30, 2008
Anyone got any idea? I'd rather buy the Sun newspaper than drink in a shite Wetherspoons pub or similar.

Couldn't get a ticket for this one back in the day when Reading were in the Prem and played LFC, so really looking forward to this one.

I've heard Reading fans are loud so should be a great atmosphere. :clap:
last time i was in weatherspoons in Reading some nasty people smashed the front door glass panels and shouted at us from outside in an angry way ???

Reading Seagull

Jun 2, 2010
Reading
No pubs near the stadium.

Three Guineas is next to the station and the bus stop you need to get to the game is opposite. It's a sports pub and is normally filled with away fans when Reading play at home. Probably the best bet.

Other than that, you'll need to go into town - Pitcher & Piano is the next closest, although not really a football pub. Just on from there is Yates, Walkabout and O'Neils.

Guessing you don't want a wine bar / gastropub - Three Guineas would get my vote !

Reading Seagull

Jun 2, 2010
Reading
P.S. Reading fans are probably the worst I have ever seen in terms of noise / banter etc - if you want noise (and I'm sure you do) we'll have to make it all ourselves !

Jan 30, 2008
No pubs near the stadium.

Three Guineas is next to the station and the bus stop you need to get to the game is opposite. It's a sports pub and is normally filled with away fans when Reading play at home. Probably the best bet.

Other than that, you'll need to go into town - Pitcher & Piano is the next closest, although not really a football pub. Just on from there is Yates, Walkabout and O'Neils.

Guessing you don't want a wine bar / gastropub - Three Guineas would get my vote !
what's the pub on the left as you walk straight out from the station ,thought that was their boozer???

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
last time i was in weatherspoons in Reading some nasty people smashed the front door glass panels and shouted at us from outside in an angry way ???
If that was the hope tap then that was a few reading mates of mine i,e about 12/14,it was scarfers of brighton in the pub and a fair few glasses were exchanged as my mate had a glass hit him straight on the head:D

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
what's the pub on the left as you walk straight out from the station ,thought that was their boozer???
Oakford now and yeah its a footy pub that will attract home fans:thumbsup:

Attachments

• oakford.jpg
    oakford.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 33

Reading Seagull

Jun 2, 2010
Reading
Three Guineas is usually full of away fans....its attached to the station - on your right as you walk out !

Oakford is opposite the station - not been in there on a match day but is usually a grungy / arty place, can't imagine its a football pub. May be wrong though

Hope Tap is further into town - typical Wetherspoons - awful !

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Three Guineas is usually full of away fans....its attached to the station - on your right as you walk out !

Oakford is opposite the station - not been in there on a match day but is usually a grungy / arty place, can't imagine its a football pub. May be wrong though

Hope Tap is further into town - typical Wetherspoons - awful !
Its been the same type of people in there for years although haven't been in there since its changed names,looks a crock of shite now must admit.

Was always great for football and a game of pool back then:)

Went in that boozer with about 60 brighton one year and we locked ourselves in,the rozers wanted to come in and were going berserk outside,bar staff coudn't see the old bill banging on the door!:moo:
That year they got police horses to clear a pub beer garden prior to the game happy days!:moo:

Last edited:

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Why not just head straight to the ground & have a few beers :shrug: just a thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here