Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pubs closing for Palace game ?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Sensible to close all the pubs close to Brighton station we don't want any Albion fan throwing a pint over a Palace fan

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Jesus this is embarrassing plod cant police a Derby ffs. From what I've been hearing Spurs are looking forward to a trip to the seaside and cant see their allocation being downsized.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not how I recall it plain clothed Pompey outside and inside horses, a chopper and chairs through the door before it was locked and the windows also

They got horse and a chopper inside the pub .... wow .... quite impressive if a little dangerous.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not how I recall it plain clothed Pompey outside and inside horses, a chopper and chairs through the door before it was locked and the windows also
Coppers throwing chairs through the windows and horses in the pub, the place must have been destroyed.

:lolol:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don't understand why closing pubs helps the police. Do they honestly think that anyone who normally drinks in xxx pub is going to think 'Oh, they're closing it, I'll stay home until just before kick off then'? They're just going to drink somewhere else instead, somewhere where the police might not realise. Surely the ideal scenario for the police is that everyone who has the potential for causing trouble is all in one place, cordoned off by a line of police? Having lots of small groups wandering around looking for places to drink is a recipe for disaster.

It is absolutely pathetic that Sussex police can't handle 3,000 Palace fans coming to town, and have to reduce the capacity. Pathetic. Other Premier League clubs can handle 3,000 from Galatasaray etc. in the Champions League, are Crystal Palace really more scary and intimidating than them? The club have hit the big time- it's a real shame the police are still small-time.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Seems like the police have been dispensing fairly sensible advice for the pubs near to the station. You can throw your hands up in faux outrage if you like, but the chances of Albion and Palace fans having a pleasant pint together wistfully musing over their respective campaigns thus far are fairly slim to put it mildly.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't understand why closing pubs helps the police. Do they honestly think that anyone who normally drinks in xxx pub is going to think 'Oh, they're closing it, I'll stay home until just before kick off then'? They're just going to drink somewhere else instead, somewhere where the police might not realise. Surely the ideal scenario for the police is that everyone who has the potential for causing trouble is all in one place, cordoned off by a line of police? Having lots of small groups wandering around looking for places to drink is a recipe for disaster.

It is absolutely pathetic that Sussex police can't handle 3,000 Palace fans coming to town, and have to reduce the capacity. Pathetic. Other Premier League clubs can handle 3,000 from Galatasaray etc. in the Champions League, are Crystal Palace really more scary and intimidating than them? The club have hit the big time- it's a real shame the police are still small-time.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here