Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Your words not mine.

My point might be that recycling a couple of wine bottles and living off solar panels in the UK might not provide a 100% solution.
Because you can't do everything, it doesn't mean you should do nothing

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know you take an interest in snooker so you'll know what I'm getting at.

If the Ashes was disrupted by protestors ruining play I wouldn't make stupid jokes about cricket as I don't really follow the sport but I admire those who do because it's a time consuming sport like snooker and they deserve a bit of respect for that.
That happened in 1975, when the Headingley pitch was dug up, and ironically, oil poured over it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They also like to litter the countryside with plastic

There's two sides to the story and the second side was very short. It was clear, it was down to a few, not the whole organisation. It's like blaming all Brighton fans for the behaviour of a few drunken idiots.

"The farmer is right to be angry," a spokesperson for the group said. "Just Stop Oil is sorry that the site was not cleaned up, this is now being organised.

"The area should have been cleaned, so that the land, people and wildlife are protected."

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Absolute nutter all these protesters need to be locked up.
People pushing balls around a table with sticks disrupted by people trying to save earth.

But, but, but MY good time! What about ME!?

I want to see the sticky ball people! What about ME!!!!!?

Call the cops.

Last edited:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
People pushing balls around a table with sticks disrupted by people trying to save earth.

Call the cops.
They're not trying to save the earth. They're seeking attention and using a "cause" to do so. These people have absolutely no right to disrupt other people's lives for their "cause". They have no right to block motorways, no right to damage snooker tables and no right to prevent trains being able to run. This criminal behaviour should have longer term consequences for these few extremists who think they're more important than the people they're disrupting.

Absolutely call the cops, criminal behaviour happened and they should and will be punished.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
They're not trying to save the earth. They're seeking attention and using a "cause" to do so. These people have absolutely no right to disrupt other people's lives for their "cause". They have no right to block motorways, no right to damage snooker tables and no right to prevent trains being able to run. This criminal behaviour should have longer term consequences for these few extremists who think they're more important than the people they're disrupting.

Absolutely call the cops, criminal behaviour happened and they should and will be punished.
You don’t really get what a protest is, do you 😂

Some replies on here remind me of Johnny Vaughan’s “Old cockney Ladies on the tube” skits .

“I should like to see their ‘ands cut orf”

“They should be ‘anged from Tower Bridge”

“All of them unemployed, for various reasons”

🤣🤣

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And if the powder escalates into something more sinister?
:facepalm:

Motorways are always gridlocked and trains rarely run on time anyway. Do you have the same ire for all the motorists and railway companies causing this on a daily basis?

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Motorways are always gridlocked and trains rarely run on time anyway. Do you have the same ire for all the motorists and railway companies causing this on a daily basis?

Motorways are not always gridlocked though. Most of the time, they flow well.

Yes accidents, road works and rush hour, make journey times slower, but this is not the same as blocking a road.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Interesting that they like to scrounge as well.

Ooh, I’ll take one of the motorway glue-ins.
A brace of sporting event disruption and can you throw in a bag of railway platform stoppages?

I’m okay but I know Nan’s running low. I think she must eat the bloody things!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
China is world leader in renewables. But yeah, we need concerted global efforts to change things. We might be less than 2% of world's consumption, less than 1% of world's population, but our influence is huge. Let's use it.

The protests are basically irrelevant to this discussion. If our government wastes effort trying to stop them directly, or makes them the problem, nothing will change and the protests will only get bigger. Become a proper world leader and we can make a difference. Can't see it happening with current government unfortunately
They won’t be around for much longer.

:thumbsup:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Someone should tell them the Earth is basically f***ed and no amount of orange paint will change that.
Basically like protesting about the Goldstone. Loads of pointless noise, didn’t save the ground so waste of everyone’s time really.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Reports basically confirming they are “protestors for hire”, as most of us suspected. They’ve been spotted at LGBTQ rallies, Black Lives Matter and vegan “meat is murder” campaigns. Mercenaries who care no more about the environment than anyone else - no different to the government, only after a pay day.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I'd think again about China. As summarised by wikipedia:

"China is the world's leader in electricity production from renewable energy sources, with over triple the generation of the second-ranking country, the United States. China's renewable energy sector is growing faster than its fossil fuels and nuclear power capacity, and is expected to contribute 43 per cent of global renewable capacity growt. China's total renewable energy capacity exceeded 1,000 GW in 2021, accounting for 43.5 per cent of the country's total power generation capacity, 10.2 percentage points higher than in 2015. The country aims to have 80 per cent of its total energy mix come from non-fossil fuel sources by 2060, and achieve a combined 1,200 GW of solar and wind capacity by 2030"

First: its amazing what an authoritarian rule can do when it wants to, and second, if the Chinese Communist Party are taking it that seriously, that should be food for thought for all of us.

there's not a right to protest in this country anymore? have we taken a wrong turning, this used to be a free country, we didn't fight the nazis for this

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
You don’t really get what a protest is, do you 😂

Some replies on here remind me of Johnny Vaughan’s “Old cockney Ladies on the tube” skits .

“I should like to see their ‘ands cut orf”

“They should be ‘anged from Tower Bridge”

“All of them unemployed, for various reasons”

🤣🤣

Thank you, I do understand what a protest is. I just think they're protesting nothing and causing disruption for no reason. They're obviously people who can't function in society so they're just angry and wanting to lash out, whatever the reason/"cause". They have no purpose and they have no solutions. They're just shouting at clouds but trying to ruin people's day whilst doing it and that sort of selfishness doesn't sit well with me.

The animal rights protests at the National were more than fair enough. They have a cause that they're genuinely passionate about and had something to say. There's a big difference between that and the prats of Just Stop Oil.

:facepalm:

Yes I do and I've posted on that subject many, many times. I think the railways in this country are a disgrace because they're "for profit" and are foreign owned. The railways should be British owned and run and should be run closer to cost and any profits made should be invested in the network, properly staffing stations, etc. These are totally different subjects.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here