Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Proper Albion pubs

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What qualifies a pub as proper Albion? During our first season or two at The Amex, the Battle was frequently "regulars only" after matches, presumably as they didn't want to be overrun by football fans so I am not sure that qualifies it as an Albion pub.

May have changed now of course - I've not been in there regularly after games since 2014ish
Er, I took that to mean Brighton fans only? They certainly always let me in in the stripes... But then I guess I was a regular there too.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Yep used to meet up in there during the glory years late 70 early 80s . Interesting and hairy times

I always remember being in there pre Chelsea in August 83 on the Saturday lunchtime. Doors locked, juke box off and peeking out from behind the curtains as thousands of Chelsea exited the station looking for trouble, we were between 50 and 100 in number. Outgunned.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
What was the name of the pub as you came out of hove station before the steps ? There was always a few of you peering out of there as we walked past .

Jan 30, 2008
I don't know about Brighton and Hove, but there's a proper Albion pub in Winchester next to the station called, obviously, . . . . the Albion. A real ale boozer owned (I think) by the Flower Pots brewery of Cheriton. Well worth a visit. Anyone else who's supped there care to comment?

P.S. Don't the "top boys" of Palace drink at the Albion in Selhurst or Thornton Heath or whichever hole it's located. The name of the pub must really stick in their craw.
Wilton arms, Duke of cambridge ,jolly sailor to name a few :whistle:
regards
DR

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
What was the name of the pub as you came out of hove station before the steps ? There was always a few of you peering out of there as we walked past .

Had the bar at the bottom of the steps as well just to catch you out lol.

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
Cliftonville and varoius names since,skinheads in the downstairs bar early 80s allways up for it.ECF Eclipse hove goldstone days.

Jan 30, 2008
you were normally being terrorised as you walked past on the way back to the station ???
regards
DR

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
I never noticed one there . What was that called ?

Same pub but you wouldn't have noticed it if just walking past as was set back behind bottom of stairs. Used be one of the main meeting places for the lads before games 70's

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Same pub but you wouldn't have noticed it if just walking past as was set back behind bottom of stairs. Used be one of the main meeting places for the lads before games 70's

Ah right . I didn't recall a pub being there .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here