Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prevent Donald Trump from making a state visit to the United Kingdom - petition

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
For all those liberals out there Obama banned Iraqi refugees in 2011 for six months and not one protest. Hypocrisy at it's highest level. I cant wait till the Donald gets really stuck in. Stand back and watch the bed wetting commence.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Well, you have completely lost your mind now. I have never said that it was Trumps fault. I stated that the lunatic was a Trump fan.
He was. He was also a fan of Le Penn, and had islamaphobic views. I can only imagine you are saying that i think it was Trumps fault as way to divert attention away from what we were actually discussing. .You questioned why i thought that Trump thought this was an Islamic attack. His Press spokesman gives you the answer. When Spicer made his press statement... on Monday... not Tuesday as you seem to think (or deliberately lied to bolster your argument), and an hour after Fox tweeted that one of the suspects was of Moroccan origin, Spicers words can only indicate that they thought it was an Islamic attack, otherwise its a completely idiotic statement.
Im not trying change history.. you are. Alternative facts im guessing.

I will show you this quote from BBC News again which you obviously didn't read last time.It clearly shows the quote being TUESDAY,no matter how often you bluster otherwise.

Attachments

• dw3.jpg
    dw3.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 202

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Another 16 peaceful supporters of islaam arrested in Germany.Wonder if there will be protests about that?After all,the nasty German police must have been acting on Trump's orders!:lolol::bigwave:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
For all those liberals out there Obama banned Iraqi refugees in 2011 for six months and not one protest. Hypocrisy at it's highest level.

This was addressed earlier in the thread - you may have missed it. The two orders are completely incomparable in design, intent and execution.

There are obvious hypocrisies evident in the UK protests (e.g. State visit for Trump vs Xi Jinping; Lack of protests of Obamas Saudi foreign policy etc) but the one you've highlighted above is not one of them.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think you're right that there would have been just as much hysteria, if you mean in terms of protests etc.

But the material outcome to detainees would undoubtedly have been significantly different had the order been reviewed by the departments which usually are involved. Administration officials at the DoHS were only briefed at the point that he was signing the order. Confusion reigned well past Friday night and into Saturday. At one point border control, when confronted with refugees, were referring questions directly to the president himself.

Then there's the impact on the Govt. itself. Issuing something like this without the the Office of Legal Counsel reviewing is staggeringly incompetent and opens them up to a massive bundle of litigation they could (I presume) do without in the coming months. This will surely undermine the desired effect of the order.

Good to be able to have a reasoned discussion on this sort of thing BTW :thumbsup:

Normally when a President is elected they become a puppet of the government and they have to toe the line. The regime change policy was in motion long before Obama took office and he had to go along with it. (The ironic thing for Gadaffi is that he was a great admirer of Obama and had plenty of praise for him.)

I like the idea of a President who isn't bound to old agenda's and promises and is looking at the world with a fresh view. It was an Executive Order and he made an executive decision. I think this is good for politics and what real democracy is really about. At the moment we live in a hypocrisy not a democracy and this is just a storm in a reacup.

I would rather wait until something really important happens before I question him, and the fuss is a bit like the boy who cried wolf. In my eyes anyway :)

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Another 16 peaceful supporters of islaam arrested in Germany.Wonder if there will be protests about that?After all,the nasty German police must have been acting on Trump's orders!:lolol::bigwave:

Do you drink heavily during the day?
Who said they were peaceful supporters of Islam? Nobody. They have been reported as a terrorist cell.
Step away from the drinks cabinet.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I will show you this quote from BBC News again which you obviously didn't read last time.It clearly shows the quote being TUESDAY,no matter how often you bluster otherwise.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/white-house-spicer-que-mosque-comments-1.3959338

White House invokes Quebec mosque shooting when defending travel ban
Trump press secretary Spicer says shooting a reminder to 'remain vigilant' and 'get ahead of threats'
By Alexander Panetta, The Canadian Press Posted: Jan 30, 2017 11:03 PM ET Last Updated: Jan 31, 2017 4:20 PM ET

Remind me what day the 30th Jan was.
Like I said. Your research is shit.
Give it a rest now. You have embarrassed yourself enough for one day.

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

If you bothered to go a bit deeper and read Facebook,if you've heard of it,you might find he is a fan of John McCain and a Left-Wing Canadian political party,among his other likes.Nice try,3/10
dw4.jpg

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Do you drink heavily during the day?
Who said they were peaceful supporters of Islam? Nobody. They have been reported as a terrorist cell.
Step away from the drinks cabinet.

Do you drink the Prague equivalent of Drainol?Step away from the sink!:drink:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
If you bothered to go a bit deeper and read Facebook,if you've heard of it,you might find he is a fan of John McCain and a Left-Wing Canadian political party,among his other likes.Nice try,3/10
View attachment 81787

You asked how I could know he was a fan of Trump. I have shown you. He was a fan of Trump. I couldnt give a **** who else he likes. Even an another American Republican. Poor effort. Stay away from the Drink.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You asked how I could know he was a fan of Trump. I have shown you. He was a fan of Trump. I couldnt give a **** who else he likes. Even an another American Republican. Poor effort. Stay away from the Drink.

Do you actually read anything that is posted?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You have been proved incorrect on every post so far in this discussion. Give it a rest. For your own sanity.

Have you managed to research what day Jan 30th was yet?

Is January 30th the day you tried to organise an 'anti-Trumpf' demo at the Prague embassy and nobody else came?:rotlf:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Is January 30th the day you tried to organise an 'anti-Trumpf' demo at the Prague embassy and nobody else came?:rotlf:

Ah, I see you have given up, and agree that you were wrong, or deliberately deceptive, and now turning to what Im guessing you see as humour to deflect away from that.
Stop embarrassing yourself. Seriously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here