Preston North End Vs Burnley *****Official Match Thread*****

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Quite a disappointing night for me so far.

Tacos for dinner I was told. Awesome, I love tacos.

But wait. These aren't your standard beef tacos. These are vegan tacos. What? Wild rice and spelt, with spinach and guacamole tacos.

I don't even know what spelt is.

It's spelled wrongly.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Beckford 1 goal in 25. Blimey, what happened to him? Looked quality a few years ago.

Preston at least having some more of the ball but nowhere near enough quality.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Beck ford you absolute ****ing donkey, what is it with strikers missing sitters against Burnley? Like Chris wood the other day.

Watch the replay of the second Chris Wood header - I swear he deliberately directs it wide. I wonder how much he had riding on the game?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bit harsh to give Boyd offside - didn't he fail a sight test on signing for Burnley?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Woods giving away a free-kick there is so stupid, haven't they spent the week making sure that's the one thing you don't do?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Got a feeling in my water that all of this Burnley ineptitude will spell their doom this eve.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
That was a pen. And a dive. He shoved him.

Er, no. Put his hands on him? Yes. Shove? No chance. Not nearly enough force applied there for that to constitute a foul. A very, very slight push at the most. The sort of push that happens loads of times in a game and the majority of time goes unpunished. The sort of push that most people won't even notice because a player doesn't usually throw himself to the ground.

Of course many will disagree because this is a Brighton forum and most people are very biased. But if that was given against us I would guess the overwhelming majority would be complaining. And rightly so.

Contact does not equal a penalty. There needs to be sufficient contact/force and in this case I don't think there was.

At least you admitted he dived, but I think if we want to eradicate cheating and diving from the game we need to be prepared call our own players out when they do it, not just the players on the other team. Looking at it impartially, it was never a penalty and it was an obvious dive.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Got a feeling in my water that all of this Burnley ineptitude will spell their doom this eve.
You should see a doctor, 'cos Preston aren't capable of scoring while not letting more in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports