Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Preseason schedule confirmed

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pretty much this. Although I would have thought a higher standard of opposition would be more useful? :shrug:

Well, I suppose we'll have some decent opposition at the Amex to attract the punters along, although I still can't really think of anyone that would stir me into attending. It IS still just a little practice trot-around, I just cannot get up for those.

I went to Sevilla at the Amex last year. It was WELL GOOD. Stevenage away doesn't quite hold the same appeal.

Fair play, turning over the Europa League cupholders was a mild eyebrow-raiser. Still swerved it though, I wasn't very interested.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Went to the preseason game a few years ago - probably won't bother again.
Definitely not going to that toilet Luton.

Given the choice I'd choose Stevenage instead of Luton.

There's a good Wetherspoons near Stevenage railway station and while it's not a place with much going on its a hundred times better than having to go to Luton. Shit club, shit fans, shit ground.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
GIF-Al-Bundy-bored-boring-do-not-want-ew-meh-no-Unimpressed-GIF.gif

snigger

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Luton/Stevenage doesn't have quite the same appeal as a weekend in Geneva for the FC Merhin game last year.

Though at least the beer will be cheaper.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
How can they play Fulham I always thought it was not permitted to play teams in the same division, or did they expect to have been promoted.

Err? By whom, exactly?

You can play friendlies against any team you want. But it's pretty dull to choose one in your own division. Must be a reason though (testimonial for someone?)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Err? By whom, exactly?

You can play friendlies against any team you want. But it's pretty dull to choose one in your own division. Must be a reason though (testimonial for someone?)

Indeed - you can arrange whatever* friendlies you like. From a playing / preparation perspective, playing a team in the division you will be competing in, makes much more sense than sticking five past Hastings, or struggling against Barcelona. The Fulham one is certainly NOT a testimonial or similar - they wouldn't be playing it at Aldershot if they considered it a 'prestige' friendly.

*except on Thursdays. You are not PERMITTED to play any FA ratified match on a Thursday.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Luton/Stevenage doesn't have quite the same appeal as a weekend in Geneva for the FC Merhin game last year.

Though at least the beer will be cheaper.
Depends where you live 7 miles to one probably 4 to the other or 2-3 hours to a home game very appealing to me!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have you never seen a pre-season tournament abroad involving Premier League teams ?

They are in tournaments so effectively a competitive match. Lets just say I have been watching BHA for nearly 70 years and off the top of my head cannot remember it happening. Possibly has when I was younger and I didnt realize or note it. Obviously I am wrong in my assumption ,sorry.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here