Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Preseason schedule confirmed

As tempting as the double header is we've got the mighty Mile Oak at home (5pm, end of a "fun" day, kids football, veterans match etc) that same day.

It's not much of a pre season, but I don't suppose new grounds/interesting days out are top of the agenda when planning. Disappointed that PTFC have only got one away friendly planned but at least it's a "mouthwatering" trip to Saltdean United!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
FIRST-TEAM FIXTURES
Saturday 16th July 2016 v Crawley Town FC (A) - 3.00pm
Tuesday 19th July 2016 v Fulham (at Aldershot FC) - 7.45pm
Saturday 23rd July 2016 v Luton Town (A) - 2.00pm
Saturday 23rd July 2016 v Stevenage (A) - 5.30pm
Home fixture TBC

UNDER 21s
Wednesday 13th July 2016 v Hastings United FC (A) - 7.45pm
Wednesday 20th July 2016 v Dorchester Town FC (A) - 7.45pm
Wednesday 27th July 2016 v Whitehawk (A) - 7.45pm

In addition to the friendly fixtures listed, the first team will also play a home fixture at the Amex on the weekend 29th-31st July, with the opposition to be confirmed in due course.

Two separate teams will play Luton and Stevenage on Saturday 23rd July, kicking off at 2pm and 5.30pm respectively, to give supporters the opportunity to attend both fixtures - with the full first-team squad being used across the two matches.

Meanwhile, the first-team squad will also spend a week on an overseas private training camp in the early part of pre-season, with no game scheduled for the trip.

The club will also confirm an open training session at the Amex, during the pre-season period, for Seagulls Priority and Young Seagulls members.

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...on-pre-season-fixtures-confirmed-3125127.aspx

Will anyone be doing a coach on the 23rd to take in both of the games??

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Crawley, Luton and Stevenage? Is this sponsored by Crap Towns? Was playing us a prize in the World Biggest Shithole competition? Pffft.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Totally indifferent regardless. I can't remember the last pre-season game I went to, they're only training sessions anyway.

Actually I think it was probably Reading at the Amex, for Kuipers testimonial (ponced a 1901 freebie). Notable only for a first viewing of Bruno.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Totally indifferent regardless. I can't remember the last pre-season game I went to, they're only training sessions anyway.

Actually I think it was probably Reading at the Amex, for Kuipers testimonial (ponced a 1901 freebie). Notable only for a first viewing of Bruno.

I went to Sevilla at the Amex last year. It was WELL GOOD. Stevenage away doesn't quite hold the same appeal.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Pretty much this. Although I would have thought a higher standard of opposition would be more useful? :shrug:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I went to Sevilla at the Amex last year. It was WELL GOOD. Stevenage away doesn't quite hold the same appeal.

'Two separate teams will play Luton and Stevenage on Saturday 23rd July, kicking off at 2pm and 5.30pm respectively, to give supporters the opportunity to attend both fixtures - with the full first-team squad being used across the two matches'

Not if they are going by train. The 16 miles between the venues is not connected by track. You have to come back into London. There is a bus that takes an hour or so.

Anyway, I don't think I could take two friendlies in a row.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
7 1/2 weeks.

Can't wait.

Hope the home friendly is against a European side rather than PL.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
"Home fixture TBC" Sounds like it could be interesting.

Leicester City would be my guess?

This time last year that would have been just as 'meh' as the others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here