Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Premium Bonds - prize pool increased again - you ever have any luck?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s nice to hear about people winning on the PBs but it means nothing without knowing how much you have invested. You have to compare the winnings with some of the high interest rates available at the moment (>6%). PB win date is 4.65%. Very obviously, a lucky minority will return more than that, and just as obviously most will return less than that.
Last two years our total has been pretty much bang on the average interest rate for the period…..which is what you’d expect I guess (max holding).

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
We had a 5.2% return equivalent in the Oct draw, and a 7.2% return equivalent in the Nov draw. So, today’s win was effectively 1.5x average luck.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I only get email notifications, usually on about 3rd-5th of the month, so hoping for a pre-Christmas bonus!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
The last two months, I've checked them on the date it says the draw is made and got all excited, only to check again the next day, to find it's a different lower amount.
Anyone else?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
The last two months, I've checked them on the date it says the draw is made and got all excited, only to check again the next day, to find it's a different lower amount.
Anyone else?
The large prizes are published on the 1st working day of the month.
The smaller prizes are published on the 2nd working day of the month :thumbsup:

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
It’s nice to hear about people winning on the PBs but it means nothing without knowing how much you have invested. You have to compare the winnings with some of the high interest rates available at the moment (>6%). PB win date is 4.65%. Very obviously, a lucky minority will return more than that, and just as obviously most will return less than that.
Completely agree. We had 100K PB between 2 of us at the start of the year. Have now withdrawn about a quarter of that to spread around interest savings accounts or ISA's but as the PB are tax free completely we said we would keep most in there

As the saying goes don't put all your eggs in one basket....

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
£150 again this month which equates to a return of 6%. Not bad as tax free and no risk to capital.
Trouble is, your capital is reducing 6 or 7% a year through inflation. So at least you’ve kept the value of your capital intact without gaining. Better than me. My stock market investments are down about 5%, and that’s before I include inflation.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
First ever draw for me. Pocketed a cool £0.

Checked the draw at 3am in a techno club in Athens. The scenes if I'd have won big...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here