Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Premium Bonds - prize pool increased again - you ever have any luck?

Jul 7, 2003
I contacted NS&I to see if I have any premium bonds. Seems like I have two lots - one of £1 and one of £5 - although strangely they are dated from eleven years before I was born.

Having read this thread, I was looking forward to claiming the prizes they have been holding on for me for all these years but it appears the there is bugger all in there! Maybe I need to invest a little more to be in with a chance :ROFLMAO:

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I contacted NS&I to see if I have any premium bonds. Seems like I have two lots - one of £1 and one of £5 - although strangely they are dated from eleven years before I was born.

Having read this thread, I was looking forward to claiming the prizes they have been holding on for me for all these years but it appears the there is bugger all in there! Maybe I need to invest a little more to be in with a chance :ROFLMAO:

You have odds of 3,500/1 per month of winning a prize with those... or 292/1 per year.

So essentially, give it a couple more hundred years and you'll probably win something eventually.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I’ve posted this before on a previous thread, but I borrowed £5k to put towards my current car whilst the interest rates were low, and put the £5k I had saved into PB’s. It was an experiment to see if I could win more than the interest I would have to pay over the 3 year loan term. Anyway, I’ve made at least 3 times the interest on the loan and still have 7 months to go.
As interest rates are creeping up, I suspect ISA’s and whatnot will become better earners, but PB’s have worked ok for me. And it’s been a bit of fun checking the app once a month around the 3rd or 4th
Quoting your own post feels a bit like googling your own name(for the record, I have never googled my own name). But over the last 3 months I’ve had a number of PB wins that would have covered the interest on the loan, at least twice over. Not sure what I’ll do once the car loan is repaid…

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
You have odds of 3,500/1 per month of winning a prize with those... or 292/1 per year.

So essentially, give it a couple more hundred years and you'll probably win something eventually.
Epitome of ‘keeping the faith’.👍

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Another £100 for me. Been a good 6 months with a 10% return but 6 months prior giving f##£ all gives 5% for a year.
Winning the £1,000,000 will change that!

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
sold mine earlier back in January this year. I’d held just under 15k worth and only won 1 x £25 in the previous 22 months!

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Load of old rubbish nothing last two months then £50 today , could have had £500 in interest over those months

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
£150 each this month for me and Mrs Peteinblack.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Me and Mrs Rug have the max and we made £75 between us :(

Wasn't much better last month but we're on about 4% for year so not grumbling too much

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
It’s nice to hear about people winning on the PBs but it means nothing without knowing how much you have invested. You have to compare the winnings with some of the high interest rates available at the moment (>6%). PB win date is 4.65%. Very obviously, a lucky minority will return more than that, and just as obviously most will return less than that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here