Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premiership players, you are taking the piss

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If the clubs were forced to reduce entrance prices to say £5 regardless this would reduce the amount of cash coming in, therefore reducing the amount avaialble to pay players with

In return, there would be fewer empty stadiums, Reading, Villa, Derby to name but a few, so more fans get to see the games.

I know this would f*** teams like us up right now, but so what, we're f***ed anyway, once we have Falmer we will be on a level playing field.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
If you don't like the money they get paid then don't contribute to it.

Don't watch any football on the telly. Don't spend any money on any company that sponsors a Premiership team. Don't buy any merchandise from any of the Premiership clubs.

And don't go and watch B&HA when they get in the Premiership. Otherwise you're just perpetuating the system.

Duncan H said:
If you don't like the money they get paid then don't contribute to it.

Don't watch any football on the telly. Don't spend any money on any company that sponsors a Premiership team. Don't buy any merchandise from any of the Premiership clubs.

And don't go and watch B&HA when they get in the Premiership. Otherwise you're just perpetuating the system.

That sums it up basically. If top players didn't get that dosh, chairbastards would simply be rolling in more of it.
We all have to pay for entertainment, and in this case the gladiators have negotiated over the years for a bigger slice of the income. Certainly, they are then in a higher tax bracket too. Certainly they cannot expect to play, on top wages, much after their mid thirties (and they only play that long if they are lucky).

The basic complaint in this thread could also be levelled at lottery winners, pool winners etc.

Someone in the military is risking their life every day for a 'regular' wage, and could easily come home maimed or in a casket, lose their marriage, miss their kids growing up, and that too is incongruous.

Accept it, life ain't fair and all balanced out so that money is correctly shared. You pay out to watch football, you should worry about how much YOU get paid before you hand it over - not what the players get of your money.

If inflation affects me, I pass it on to the people who pay me, and they should have to subsidise my living expenses.

p.s. the same ire could be aimed at The Arabs who happen to have oil under their sand, Bill Gates, movie-stars who make 10mil a picture, tv stars, banks, the church, department store owners, etc.

Some make more than others, and that's because they can do something or provide something. It's a fact of life and accept it .

Now, about the meek - I understand the lousy wimp bastards are going to inherit the earth !

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here