Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premiership players, you are taking the piss

ukade

Oct 7, 2003
All this speculation about premiership players tells me that they are over paid spolied twats who need a good lesson in respect and order. I would go as far as saying that some of these wa*Kers need a good kicking. It quite honestly makes me f&&k%$g sick at the money they are getting now. How can one man be worth 30,000k a week. It takes the average person 2 years to earn that. I would like The FA to cut all there wages asap to around 1,000 a week, if they dont like it then fu%k*&g tough. Supporters will complain and moan that their stars would go somewhere else, but in the end the players would just have to accept the fact and stay where they are because not every player will find work. Another thing as well, why the hell dont they kick out some of the scum we have in this game. We all know who I am talking about. Once these rules were in place, they might then start appreciating what the average person has to do to earn money and live.

ukade

Oct 7, 2003
I am honestly sick to death of it. I feel like starting a nationwide petition for every supporter to ask players to take a wage cut. Lets remember the supporters have the power, and it the supporters that pay the wages.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Thats a capitalist society mate! how papers like the Sun can berate these players when they are so clearly right wing in their views is pathetic! It's market forces buddy!

Rusthall Seagull said:
Thats a capitalist society mate! how papers like the Sun can berate these players when they are so clearly right wing in their views is pathetic! It's market forces buddy!
It may be a market-driven economy but there are some situation where there need to be caps. Anyway, supporters demanding change would be a market force which would ultimately drive down wages.

ukade

Oct 7, 2003
Thats is what I was saying when I started this thread. The supporters have the control. Its the paying public that can force wages to be capped at premiership clubs. We keep the clubs alive and we also keep sky alive. It's simple, stop watching sky sports for a start, cancel the subscription. A lot of money goes to premiershite clubs and not much to lower division clubs like my brighton. Supporters of premiershite clubs need to start boycotting the matches, this way wages will finally be driven down. In the end football starts to get a level playing field again and getting to the premiershite is not such a hard task.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Wages would fall pretty quickly if people started cancelling their SKY SPORTS subscriptions - unfortunately, I just don't see it happening.

The only other way to 'manage' wages is by the clubs (chairmen, directors and managers) exercising a degree of responsibility and restraint - and again, doesn't seem likely either.

Pity really - but it's not exactly a problem for most Nationwide clubs, is it ? Survival seems more of a challenge.

Danny Seagull's Mate

Babe of the Year 2003
Sep 28, 2003
Woodingdean
jonnyboylennon said:
Riiiight.

And who pays for the television deals? Who buys the Sky Sports packages? Who makes the game so attractive to sponsors?

Yes, that's true, but without television coverage, those unable to make games, will have to do without

ukade

Oct 7, 2003
Yeah but would'nt be great to see some of these over paid premiershite gloaters getting a nice juicy pay cut. I know it will never happen, I know people will never stop their sky subs or start boycotting matches, but it just goes to show how much power we have and what can be made possible if everyone got together. Imagine the likes of ferdinando and beckhemar driving to matches in a renault. It would soon shut them up.

Dandyman

In London village.
Does the outrage over players salaries extend to the profiteering of Directors and Chairmen ?

No company that I know of pays it's employees more than the profit it expects to make out of them.

Capping players salaries, IMHO, would result in greater profit for the owners and shareholders of clubs and f**k all benefit for the supporters.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just how many people on this board have Sky? I refuse to subscribe but I wouldn't mind betting that lots of people on NSC have it. And we don't support a Premiership club.

It would take an awful lot for a boycott of Sky, and I can't see it happening.

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
ukade said:
it the supporters that pay the wages.

The supporters pay a tiny part of the wages, it is actually the business sponsors, TV mopney, etc etc that pay the majority of the wages.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think the bad publicity around at the moment could well cause the bubble to burst big time. Since Euro '96, everyone has wanted a piece of football, and the money has spiralled out of control.

However, if the current revelations continue what corporation will want to be connected to this bunch of low-lives in any way? No company in their right mind will want to be associated with this bunch of neanderthals. Once the corporate sponsorship falls away, the money will be back to the more sensible levels of a decade ago.

It won't be a bad thing in my view.

CAFC Matt said:
The supporters pay a tiny part of the wages, it is actually the business sponsors, TV mopney, etc etc that pay the majority of the wages.

i post this agin for you Matt as you obviouls ydidnt read the wholw thread!

Riiiight.

And who pays for the television deals? Who buys the Sky Sports packages? Who makes the game so attractive to sponsors?

Simply put, without the huge marketing potential of the supporters, or of football fans in general - THERE IS NO MONEY.

The fans, ultimately, do have the power - its just that they will never claim this power for themselves, as we are all hopelessy addicted to the beautiful game.

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
jonnyboylennon said:
i post this agin for you Matt as you obviouls ydidnt read the wholw thread!

Riiiight.

Simply put, without the huge marketing potential of the supporters, or of football fans in general - THERE IS NO MONEY.

The fans, ultimately, do have the power - its just that they will never claim this power for themselves, as we are all hopelessy addicted to the beautiful game.

ok, that was really interesting reading

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here