Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League - Project Big Picture

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Inevitable, personally would like the 'Big Clubs' to **** off to play each other forever and ever in some meaningless Eurowank which Sky can play on an endless loop while we get on with watching our sides in a meaningful competition that we have some chance of winning (and being relegated).

Yep and hopefully whatever super league they are in will be American style where you can't get relegated out of or promoted into so they just stay there and be happy with all their TV money while everyone else gets to enjoy some competitive football.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Inevitable, personally would like the 'Big Clubs' to **** off to play each other forever and ever in some meaningless Eurowank which Sky can play on an endless loop while we get on with watching our sides in a meaningful competition that we have some chance of winning (and being relegated).

This.

A wise man (Paul Hayward) once said that if Leicester can win the Premier League then there's really no reason that Brighton can't - but that was before this latest power and money grab by the Yanks, dressed up as "help". If you want a closed shop have a proper one and let the rest of us crack on.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
This thing stinks on so many levels. I see West Ham have been quick to voice their disapproval. What about the rest of the Prem....have I missed any comment from BHA? I sincerely hope we are 100% (110% even) against this.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This thing stinks on so many levels. I see West Ham have been quick to voice their disapproval. What about the rest of the Prem....have I missed any comment from BHA? I sincerely hope we are 100% (110% even) against this.

West Ham's dissent is particularly notable because they are one of the three non-big six clubs that it is proposed would be granted "special status".

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
In any other area of business if the Chair of a company was advocating a controversial deal involving one of his former employers the rest of the board and regulators would step in but from what I see Parry is allowed to pursue a personal agenda unchecked.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
In any other area of business if the Chair of a company was advocating a controversial deal involving one of his former employers the rest of the board and regulators would step in but from what I see Parry is allowed to pursue a personal agenda unchecked.

Scouser bulldozing his point of view across, ignoring everyone else shocker ???

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It is sad to think that at the same time as Macclesfield Town FC get wound up in the High Court just 6 1/2 miles away in Alderley Edge another Premier League footballer takes delivery of yet another sports car.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Thank you for posting, and big thanks to Mr Holloway. I recommend listening to the end of his brilliant rant - it's full of powerful gems that people at 'the top' need to hear. Fantastic.

It's a great rant - although given the way that the government has handled Brexit and Covid, I'm not sure I'd be too confident of their ability to sort out the mess

by the way, I like his calculation that 19th club gets double what the 20th gets and the 18th double what the 19th ... and so on. If the bottom club gets £90 then the total amount the the EPL hoovers up is roughly 20 times the entire GDP of Europe (according to back of the envelope calculations)

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Not exactly been greeted with open arms.

https://news.sky.com/story/serious-concerns-from-premier-league-clubs-over-liverpool-and-man-uniteds-project-big-picture-plans-12103077

plk.JPG

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There is no upside for the albion. None.

Why would we vote to give up our voting rights and therefore any say in future changes ? ???

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If the bottom club gets £90 then the total amount the the EPL hoovers up is roughly 20 times the entire GDP of Europe (according to back of the envelope calculations)

I was going to say, you must have a massive packet of fags if it wasn't an envelope.:rolleyes:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Do the rest of football a favour and piss off out the league then you can play with each other as often as you like , money grabbing twats .

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Do the rest of football a favour and piss off out the league then you can play with each other as often as you like , money grabbing twats .

give it 5 years, and they will be in European Super League, can't bloody wait to be honest. At least they will know what it is like to be the underdog in a game every time the ref and VAR rule in favour of Barcelona or PSG for an innocuous challenge or add johnny foreigner time, I long for that day.

Then and only then when the top 6 feck off, will the Premier League become a fair playing ground.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It is sad to think that at the same time as Macclesfield Town FC get wound up in the High Court just 6 1/2 miles away in Alderley Edge another Premier League footballer takes delivery of yet another sports car.

To be fair a footballer who lives in Alderley Edge is involved in the takeover of Macclesfield which has just gone through. In which division they will play is yet to be seen though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here