Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League (and FA Cup) 19-20/3/22 (with apologies to Bozza)

Everton were outplayed by Newcastle, yet fluked a winner with Iwobi.

That one goal may well be the key moment that keeps them up.

A joke really, they've stunk out the EPL since October, shocking football under 2 managers, if ever there was a squad/club that deserved to drop it's them.

Yep but still in the power of Burnley and Watford to take advantage, up to them now!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Thank you, stuffing Everton 4-0 in an FA Cup quarter final is a great result.

Surprised you of all on here would be congratulating us, but I’ll take that.

Cheers.

Credit where its due, you’ve come through a tough run to make the semi finals.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Following Richarlison's recent performances, Zaha is going to have to dive and feign injury extraordinarily well today to retain his title as biggest **** in the Prem.

That is one narrative. Another is that he is the most fouled player in the history of the Premier League.

I wonder which is factually correct?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Spuds 1 up early doors with an og.

They've now had more og's this season (10) than our top scorer has scored :eek:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
That is one narrative. Another is that he is the most fouled player in the history of the Premier League.

I wonder which is factually correct?

It is true but the manner of the fouls makes the discussion interesting.

How many of those were bought / stolen / conned / legitimate?

You could argue they were all legitimate because they were given but it'd be hard to do so with a straight face.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Anyone see Son fall to the ground in agony after a ball rolled into his leg? Hilarious dive. Then Cresswell gets slapped in the face and no card for violent conduct for Spurs.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Declan rice IMHO is the best English player around at the moment

Absolute class.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I thought this would be the season, finally, that we overhaul that rabble up the road, but fair play to them. They are a side on the up & we are not. Goals win games Mr Chris Hughton-Potter.

The Palace squad is much better than what we currently have as somehow they manage to pay better wages therefore attracting better players.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The Palace squad is much better than what we currently have as somehow they manage to pay better wages therefore attracting better players.

They have one more point than us so not sure what they’ve been doing up til now given all those riches. But fair enough . They have an decent run in so who knows and all power to them for beating the mighty Everton in the cup and if they beat Chelsea without their best player who will be leaving at the end of the season then I’m sure they’ll be on here to remind us.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
They have one more point than us so not sure what they’ve been doing up til given all those riches. But fair enough . They have an decent run in so who knows and all power to them for beating the mighty Everton in the cup and if they beat Chelsea without their best player who will be leaving at the end of the season then I’m sure they’ll be on here to remind us.

What are ‘those riches’ palace have been given?

I genuinely have no idea what you mean.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
What are ‘those riches’ palace have been given?

I genuinely have no idea what you mean.

Well it depends what side of the fence you’re on but The OP was despairing at the better squad they have at their disposal and the better wages they have to spend.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Well it depends what side of the fence you’re on but The OP was despairing at the better squad they have at their disposal and the better wages they have to spend.

Mr Putdown is on the Croydon side of the fence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here