Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 4-6/3/23

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He’s pleaded guilty so why would he appeal? So honest question - what are the FA/EPL waiting for?
Maybe appeal the sentence? And I've no idea, seems weird.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Really got to put Brentford away, unbeaten this year ,beat city and drew at arsenal. Gonna be a massive game.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How are Brentford level on points with us and Fulham ahead (albeit having played more games)... we are miles better than both these ffs. Think it'd feel like a disappointing season if we ended up below one or both these!
Maybe the 9 points (out of 9) that they got between them from us is a strong contributory factor?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I haven’t watched it.

For those who have, does it seem weird Fulham players staying on their feet? How many Fulham head injuries tonight?
Brentford took over the mantle tonight

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
That xGA stat of Fulham's leapt from 12.64 to 15.35 after one recent match....

They conceded on average 0.55 less goals than their xGA per game in their first 23 matches and 2.71 less goals at the Amex.
That is pretty incredible - but at some stage that has to change. It’s probably quite encouraging for the rest of the season, as it suggests they’ll revert to some sort of norm.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Twice now the Brentford defenders have been static when ball comes back of the post or from the keeper.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Blimey. Appeal that and he might not miss many games this season.
Hasn’t he admitted it?

Edit, yes pleaded guilty to the majority of the charges.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
How are Brentford level on points with us and Fulham ahead (albeit having played more games)... we are miles better than both these ffs. Think it'd feel like a disappointing season if we ended up below one or both these!
Brentford have to play 7 of the current top 10 in April and May. They’ll need one hell of a finish to get above us, especially if Toney is rightly banned which will hopefully happen in March.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Is the hearing in March? :
All I can find online about the possible date of the hearing is the word ‘imminent’. Maybe it is April?

We obviously play Brentford at the beginning of that month. I suppose it’s a fool’s errand to believe he won’t be lining up against us.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Fulham’s xGA (expected goals against) is mind blowing.

On the below calculation, whilst we’ve let in 1.88 more goals than we should. Fulham have kept out 15.35. Teams just miss easy chance after easy chance against them.

They score the most set-pieces too. Spawny gits.
More interesting than that - if you sort by xPts, we're 3rd.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hypocrites.

E6767835-6FE4-472A-88B9-359783406525.png

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
If Toney has admitted some of the charges, I really don't understand why he hasn't been suspended while they investigate the rest.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If Toney has admitted some of the charges, I really don't understand why he hasn't been suspended while they investigate the rest.
I’m going to be pretty annoyed if he plays against us and scores in April, having admitted the vast majority of the charges. No surprise if he makes a fool out of our defenders again. Why is he still playing?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Maybe they can't give a proper length of banning sentence until all charges are dealt with....guilty or not.

It looks to me as if he and Brentford know exactly what game they are playing, to offset any potential suspension until after the end of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here