[Albion] Premier League 12-13/2/22

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
But the lines do convince them.

Personally I'd rather no 'lines' to be used and have a time limit on VAR decisions of a few seconds. That would screen out the worst decisions (the ones that really matter) while avoiding those long pauses when you don't know whether ot not to celebrate (the main reason VAR is so sh*t)

I admit that am biased as I didn't want VAR in the first place, knew it would be crap and would get rid of it in a heartbeat

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Yep and watching game, justified too and why would we be surprised when he was easily one of our players of the season..... and to think we gave hime away for a net 10-11 mill after paying Wigan.

Wont tire of saying it, it was a shocking deal to the richest club on the planet.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Personally I'd rather no 'lines' to be used and have a time limit on VAR decisions of a few seconds. That would screen out the worst decisions (the ones that really matter) while avoiding those long pauses when you don't know whether ot not to celebrate (the main reason VAR is so sh*t)

I admit that am biased as I didn't want VAR in the first place, knew it would be crap and would get rid of it in a heartbeat

I'm largely ambivalent. I don't think anything will please everybody. Get rid of VAR and the people who wanted it will go back to their arguments about how you can see the mistake on video within seconds - bring it back but do it properly. The issue then is that there is no proper way to do it. Everyone has their own preferred way to use it - like your time limits, and lines, what can and can't be reviewed, whether the ref should look at the video or not, and so one.

Keep it and people will criticise it and the refs, get rid of it, people will criticise its absence and the performance of the refs.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Webster, Burn and White should be the England back 3, would include Dunk but we know how Southgate works.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Never been as conflicted watching a game as today ! So pleased for BDB with his great performance , his ripping of Ming's shirt and MOM but annoyed that this was to the benefit of the blood money saudis . Damn life is complicated !

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Never been as conflicted watching a game as today ! So pleased for BDB with his great performance , his ripping of Ming's shirt and MOM but annoyed that this was to the benefit of the blood money saudis . Damn life is complicated !

Villa score no points, that’s a great result for our top ten ambitions.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Exactly the same feeling, delighted for BDB, as we can only imagine what it would feel like to play for the Albion...... no qualms with BDB, but just think we let him go for far too cheap.

Player of the season, in the form of his life being chased by a stupidly rich desperate club, with many failed transfers attempts, a couple of days before the end of deadline day and with a sell on clause to pay.

He is worth more

edit: been conflicted more wanting Palace to win against Cardiff a few seasons back, that is an un-natural unholy alliance

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not for offside. It is an objective decision (same with in or out side the box for penalties). Clear and obvious only comes into play with subjective decisions. It's why refs don't go to look at the screen to confirm offside decisions.

The thing is, offsides, as witnessed with this incident, ARE subjective - insofar as somebody has to decide which frame of the footage to freeze it on. With today’s they spent a minute studying what they originally decided was the correct frame, and the two players’ feet looked dead level. Then, unable to call it, they moved it on one frame, and called it offside.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They swept us aside with ease in the cup though

With a hugely expensive squad/payroll and home advantage, and we flopped at WHL yet again.

The London biased media loved that, magical Conte, in beating little old Brighton in a cup game :lolol:

Then little old Stains and Wolves gave them lessons in football.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports