[Albion] Premier League 12-13/2/22

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Is anyone else watching Newcastle and getting mightily pissed off with some woman who the mikes keep picking up screeching frantically every time the Geordies go forward?

isn’t she one of the new owners? well, her friggin faces make me want to shriek

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Someone like that near where I sit at the amex. she doesn't go so high pitched but she does get very antsy and nervous if our opponents manage to string two passes together, or if an opposition player is less than 20 yards away as the two of our players pass to each other..

Solid at the back, maybe?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Isn't it confusing for the ref that all the newcastle players are wearing number 4?

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
It's a really weird position to be in for me. Usually want the top 6 to routinely win all their games against the teams at the bottom, hoping the bottom 3 pick up points to drag Leeds, Newcastle, Everton or Palace into trouble or to shorten the the 1000-1 odds that we could catch Spurs or United just seems odd!

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
VAR deseprately trying to find a reason to chalk off the Villa goal

Oh, and they've found it

F*cks sake
Millimetres either way. Never 'clear and obvious'
They REALLY want Newcastle to stay up don't they

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Watkins looked stunned that he had scored, like he knew it was offside and was surprised it wasn't immediately ruled out. It was eventually, still 1-0.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
VAR deseprately trying to find a reason to chalk off the Villa goal

Oh, and they've found it

F*cks sake
Millimetres either way. Never 'clear and obvious'
They REALLY want Newcastle to stay up don't they

Offside is either offside or not, no clear and obvious about it. That said I'm not convinced with the lines that were shown...

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Stockley Park are to Newcastle what the Met is to Boris Johnson.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Dan Burn :lolol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Offside is either offside or not, no clear and obvious about it. That said I'm not convinced with the lines that were shown...
Not quite right I'm afraid. It should be a clear and obvious mistake for it to be overruled. This was neither.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not quite right I'm afraid. It should be a clear and obvious mistake for it to be overruled. This was neither.

Not for offside. It is an objective decision (same with in or out side the box for penalties). Clear and obvious only comes into play with subjective decisions. It's why refs don't go to look at the screen to confirm offside decisions.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

If you are 'not convinced' (either way) then it's not a clear and obvious error

So let it stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports