Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 11-14/8/23

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Howard Webb - what a difference you have made.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
I don’t know how VAR can justify that’s not a penalty. What does the keeper have to do give away a penalty? Punch the defender in the face and start beating him up?! Those clowns in VAR should all be sacked and Wolves should be issued an apology. No wonder O’Neil was fuming. God I hate the big 6. Stuff the lot of them.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
VAR officials are so poor. That had to be a penalty. Completely took him out. Nothing changes. The other way round and it would be a penalty.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
If that was Salisbury again, he needs to be taken off the officiating list.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I don’t know how VAR can justify that’s not a penalty. What does the keeper have to do give away a penalty? Punch the defender in the face and start beating him up?! Those clowns in VAR should all be sacked and Wolves should be issued an apology. No wonder O’Neil was fuming. God I hate the big 6. Stuff the lot of them.
I wonder how points the big six get every season through these decisions? Makes it doubly difficult to break their monopoly.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Yep. It was him.
I'd suggest he is a fan of the "big six". Or plain incompetent. And to think I tried to defend the officials over the weekend. I don't especially mind Hoops missing it on the pitch - it all happens very quick but what in the name of sanity was Salisbury watching? Anyone care to defend THAT?!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It just gives keepers permission to charge into players without fear of punishment. If that had been the CH and not the keeper I bet that would’ve been a pen (unless It was a Man U player).
Ok the referee might have missed it in real time but that’s why VAR is there to help him.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
If I was a wolves fan I'd be apoplectic with rage. Unbelievable decision not to give a pen. Surely an apology will be heading to wolves from the referees association. Even more blatant than Mitoma at spurs last season

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It's at Old Trafford
This happens so regularly and so often at that ground, I cease to see why people are surprised or even bothered nowadays. You have to accept that you don’t get penalties at Old Trafford as an opposition side and just get on with it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Disgraceful officiating.
I’ve got a feeling that we are going to get an awful lot of this ourselves this season. We’ve already had one, there are going to be a lot more to come for us (against Big Six opponents).

But I can’t wait to play Manure now we know that Onana is a Vampire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here