Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pre-Palace nerves

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Fair enough! Perhaps “playing that well” rather than “doing that well”. Getting all the plaudits without necessarily getting the results.
Yeah it's just I find it hard to feel positive when this is the case when we were like this so often during Potter's first two seasons. We'd get false hope that we're a really good team because we'd be playing super well, high xG etc but it wouldn't change next game. Still miss so many chances

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I’m being dragged along to see Lizzo tonight so I’ll pop my phone on airplane mode until I get home, if I see that we’ve lost I’ll probably just sit in my car crying all night.

Again.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I look forward to seeing the ‘orses tonight, and seeing how many police forces are involved by the writing on the vans.
10 points for Cornwall or Durham!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yeah it's just I find it hard to feel positive when this is the case when we were like this so often during Potter's first two seasons. We'd get false hope that we're a really good team because we'd be playing super well, high xG etc but it wouldn't change next game. Still miss so many chances
We've always been a fan base that hopes for the best, but still think there's a sizable % that still expects the worse against Palace..... When theyve been better they invariably win, when we've been better, too often there's been smash'n'grabs or them fluking an unlikely result against the balance of play.

We all live in hope of another West Ham style trouncing, many probably expect Palace to play worse but still get something.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Unusually for this fixture I'm not nervous at all,no amount of luck will help them tonight,a nice early goal and then really ramp it up and hopefully tear them to pieces for the entire match.

Wilf will be so angry by 70 minutes he will tackle himself from behind in the penalty box resulting in the ref doing him a massive favour by sending him off.

It's about time we annihilate them so bad they hurt for years and if we get it right we have the squad to do it.

Anyway 1-1 😭

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Do wish Zaha wasn't playing, he's the one player in CPFC2010 that really does get the rivalry
I want Zaha to play, only to see his boggle-eyed face contorted with disappointment and tears whilst being endlessly goaded by a full house and whoever De Zerbi sends down the touchline, -ostensibly to warm up-remember the Greyhounds oscar -winning baiting of the SEGW? I begrudgingly admire him for his undoubted ability and agree he absolutely gets the hatred between the 2 clubs. What really makes my piss boil is the way we give the snot-gobbling little scrote supporters the oxygen to believe we actually give a flying f*** about them. Utter scum! Aside from that I've met some cracking Palace fans, they must cringe at the kindergarden Ultras' behaviour.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We haven't been doing that well though. One win in 4 vs all winnable games. Played alright but doesn't mean anything
Whilst results are, ultimately, the only thing that matters, I'd much rather be playing well than not.

De Zerbi nailed it in his presser yesterday when he was asked about it would be if Palace played like Fulham. In case you haven't seen it....

"We can't control the result. We can control the quality of play, we can control the style of play. We can control the brave, the passion, the attitude to put on the pitch, but the result - I can't. I don't know if there is a coach can control the result but there isn't only one way to achieve the result.​
If they play like Fulham, we will play like the game against Fulham. I will be happy because we played a fantastic game. We lost the game but playing like with Fulham, we will win a lot of games."​
Keep playing like we are and we'll win more than we lose.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I’m being dragged along to see Lizzo tonight so I’ll pop my phone on airplane mode until I get home, if I see that we’ve lost I’ll probably just sit in my car crying all night.

Again.
We went to see Lizzo in Berlin a couple of weeks ago and it was bloody fantastic. An incredible show.

Still, given the choice of Lizzo or the Palace game I'd probably want to watch the game. Probably.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I watched the Man City domination last night and as they kept talking about Real Madirid v Liverpool I was thinking do I bother watching it or not, completly forgetting I had a match to go to tonight.
Problem is it's in our minds that they are three games without a shot on target and so it's 0:1 to them with an OG in the 89th minute.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Massive game this. Most important Derby since you-tell-me.

Win for Brighton = dream about Europe lives on
Win for Crystal Palace = massive confidence boost that might well mean they avoid relegation

Brighton losing = forget Europe and focus on the top 10
Crystal Palace losing = looking quite grim for them

Draw = not really helping either team anywhere

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
all depends on if we can take one of our chances early. longer it goes on at 0-0, more i can see them snagging something. that being said, law of averages dictates they are well overdue a beatdown

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The Duke of Welly a hooligan pub 🤣 pre made sheet sign 🤣 Do they get any sadder…

Attachments

• 8ECB9014-E904-41A9-A3ED-DBCD2B54AEEB.jpeg
    8ECB9014-E904-41A9-A3ED-DBCD2B54AEEB.jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 112

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Win for Crystal Palace = massive confidence boost that might well mean they avoid relegation

Yeh, so that's not doing much to reduce my pre match nerves!

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
The Duke of Welly a hooligan pub 🤣 pre made sheet sign 🤣 Do they get any sadder…
I find it quite heartening that despite being ruthless hooligans, they still considered the composition of the piece by utilising alternating colours for the CPFC part.

They’ve clearly got an art GCSE or two between them. If I was being absolutely ruthless though I’d have to deduct marks for the poor kerning on ‘with’.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I don't agree with that. A loss and we are still in the driving seat.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I read from those pictures that a group of Brighton fans said they would be happy to meet them at a pub for fisticuffs and sent them there knowing it would be closed and they would have a wasted journey :ROFLMAO:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here