Who do you dislike more

• Poyet

• Potter

Results are only viewable after voting.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I don’t dislike Poyet. He was always passionate about the job and the changes he put in to our style of play remain today.

Potter was a brilliant coach for us but was often aloof and condescending to the fans and jumped shipped at the first opportunity when we seemed to be on the verge of a really special season so I have no time for him.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Potter is an extraordinary coach and that’s why I’m so pissed off he was ripped away by the Kings Road Raiders. Gus always thought he was too big for us. Career ending mistake really.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I can only assume that a lot of people who voted have never sacked anyone or been sacked for gross misconduct (completely uncontested despite all the noises being made at the time) and, consequently don't have any idea of the level of shithousery involved in gross misconduct, or had someone move (or moved themselves) as a result of a better job offer :shrug:

Funnily enough, I've never had the slightest inclination to have a beer with anyone I've sacked for gross misconduct.

TB obviously knows the difference ???

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
hate you say…
strong word that, neither
I pity Poyet, clearly fecked it all up thinking we had reached a ceiling, when in actual fact he had.
I am not sure I’m that sad he’s gone now to be honest, we employed him because of his style of football as it Is part of the Albion philosophy Mr Bloom wishes the team from youth through to the first team. Sure he took some of the back room staff and others have been poached, but that’s because we’re doing it right and he can see that. He now has the opportunity to magnify that with a larger budget, he has to deliver, but it’s a compliment to the club and fans.
I think some cheeky songs would be well taken by Potter & Co, including Bruno.
Bruno is still a legend and I hope they are both well received on Saturday, let’s show them what their missing.

were by and large good knowledgeable and accepting fans, unlike some of the Chelsea scum.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
The way poyet went was stooped in chaos, he was a passionate man, and without him we would never have had the football revolution here which has led to our current success. Poyet was matter of fact about it, he didn’t talk of emotional intelligence degrees, he was a football man, and he never pretended anything less than working his way up, but ended like it did, but I think he still cared for the fans, and ever since still remembers us fondly.

Potter’s prevalence in English football was down to him stating how much he had bought into the club, he pretended like he cared, like he was invested, like he respected us. Instead he was just sly and lying through his teeth in these interviews. He never cared about that, and he hoodwinked us to believing he appreciated us, when he didn’t, he couldn’t wait to asset strip us and leave us to rot.

So yeah, if I had to dislike one it is Potter, Poyet I expect still holds affection for his time here, he bought into the fans, Potter won’t give a jot about any of us.

Probably gone a bit emotional and over the top here, but let out my real feelings on it, maybe I was stupid to believe he cared and he wasn’t another football mercenary. This is football though and this is what it does to you, and I wouldn’t change it for anything.

Last edited:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I can only assume that a lot of people who voted have never sacked anyone or been sacked for gross misconduct (completely uncontested despite all the noises being made at the time) and, consequently don't have any idea of the level of shithousery involved in gross misconduct, or had someone move (or moved themselves) as a result of a better job offer :shrug:

Funnily enough, I've never had the slightest inclination to have a beer with anyone I've sacked for gross misconduct.

TB obviously knows the difference ???
Do we actually know what the gross misconduct was? Honest question, I feel I should know but I can't remember

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Potter, as we are still getting ramifications.
Poyet wasn't bright enough to be this calculated.
The gradual dismantling from the inside clearly shows Potter's relentless emotionless ambition.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I don’t dislike Poyet. He was always passionate about the job and the changes he put in to our style of play remain today.

Potter was a brilliant coach for us but was often aloof and condescending to the fans and jumped shipped at the first opportunity when we seemed to be on the verge of a really special season so I have no time for him.
I know that the vast majority of Albion fans (me included) are very pissed off with Potter which will be loudly and rightly vocalised this weekend.

However, we should be very careful not to rewrite history. I just can not remember Potter being ‘often’ aloof or condescending to fans. In addition, there is very credible evidence that Potter turned down Spurs (twice) and maybe Villa. He almost certainly did not ‘jump ship’ at the first opportunity.

No one has any time for him now but let’s not embellish his time with us. Don’t look back in anger.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Best ever? He didn’t win anything. At least Poyet and Hughton got a promotion each. Even Jimmy Melia got us to the fa cup final. Potter did ok in the last ten games of the previous and first 4 or 5 of this season, before that average with hardly any home wins. If he had seen this season through then maybe he could of been our best manager ever.
I think that’s fair. He never got Swansea up…… he ducked off too early

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yeah Potter - what a load of rubbish. Didn’t win the premier league or FA cup - booooooo

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Do we actually know what the gross misconduct was? Honest question, I feel I should know but I can't remember

It was never made public, but I suspect it was knowing that he was already going for a while and telling a lot of staff and players (prior to 'that' game), and tapping them up to go with him :shrug:

Was it the email? The email he allegedly sent was ridiculous to be fair.

That certainly wouldn't constitute Gross misconduct, it needs to be a serious breach of contract. From the little we know of him, would he be top of your list for 'keep this to yourself, but...' :wink:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
x
It was never made public, but I suspect it was knowing that he was already going for a while and telling a lot of staff and players (prior to 'that' game), and tapping them up to go with him :shrug:

That certainly wouldn't constitute Gross misconduct, it needs to be a serious breach of contract. From the little we know of him, would he be top of your list for 'keep this to yourself, but...' :wink:
Gross misconduct is attempting a cruyff- turn and f***ing it up

BenGarfield

Feb 22, 2019
crawley
Potter is an extraordinary coach and that’s why I’m so pissed off he was ripped away by the Kings Road Raiders. Gus always thought he was too big for us. Career ending mistake really.
I dont think so. He`s had quite a few successful stints as manager abroad and currently manager of the Greek National team!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yeah Potter - what a load of rubbish. Didn’t win the premier league or FA cup - booooooo
He didn't even manage a win against Palace.
Some on here will have you believe he was our greatest ever manager, just because he got us playing some decent football in the Premier League, for a bit.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

I seem to recall he also failed to go through the retained list with the players at the end of the season.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He didn't even manage a win against Palace.
Some on here will have you believe he was our greatest ever manager, just because he got us playing some decent football in the Premier League, for a bit.
But he did beat Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool, Spurs etc…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here