Who do you dislike more

• Poyet

• Potter

Results are only viewable after voting.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I didn’t read the question and so clicked potter bu accident as I thought it would be who did the better job! I don’t dislike Potter at all, he got the opportunity of a lifetime after proving himself our best ever manager. He literally made history for us. Poyet was an egotistical maniac.
Best ever? He didn’t win anything. At least Poyet and Hughton got a promotion each. Even Jimmy Melia got us to the fa cup final. Potter did ok in the last ten games of the previous and first 4 or 5 of this season, before that average with hardly any home wins. If he had seen this season through then maybe he could of been our best manager ever.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The "we've hit the ceiling" quote sticks with me from Poyet, such a dreadful game.

Potter gave us too many famous wins despite what has followed

Last edited:

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Best ever? He didn’t win anything. At least Poyet and Hughton got a promotion each. Even Jimmy Melia got us to the fa cup final. Potter did ok in the last ten games of the previous and first 4 or 5 of this season, before that average with hardly any home wins. If he had seen this season through then maybe he could of been our best manager ever.
Yes best ever. Our highest ever league position breaking multiple records in the process. Ridiculous you think Hughton or Poyet are even part of the conversation, they won the championship and league one.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yes best ever. Our highest ever league position breaking multiple records in the process. Ridiculous you think Hughton or Poyet are even part of the conversation, they won the championship
Couldn’t even do that 😌

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Potter

Poyet revolutionised this football club, he’s undoubtably a bit of a bell helmet but he left with a lot more dignity than Potter…. :poop: :lolol:
Poyet did not leave with dignity.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Neither. Both played vital roles in getting us where we are today. But if I have to give an answer then Poyet. Potter was always a humble, gracious man when he was with us and always gave the impression he was happy with his lot and indeed was grateful to the club for giving him the opportunity. Sure he was ambitious (as we know), but he didn't bang on about it.

Poyet on the other hand was prone to grizzling and made no secret of the fact that we were simply a stepping stone on his path to greatness. It irritated me a bit at the time, but it made him leaving more palatable.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Poyet - had all to tools presented to him to be a truly outstanding manager yet let his massive ego take over.

Totally disrespectful to club owner as well continually telling us when employed by Bloom what other clubs he wanted to manage every time a managerial vacancy came up

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Being as I’m about 110, I still get cross about the way Clough fu—-d the club about.
Ego? Poyet wouldn’t come close to old big ‘ead and as far as Potter is concerned, he was good for the club and he was offered a job that was too good to refuse. Plenty on here, if presented with the same opportunity and pay rise in their own field, would have jumped ship too.
Ok, I only mentioned Clough because I really don’t dislike Poyet or Potter and wanted to contrast that with someone I truly disliked.😊
You want hate amongst Albion fans? Archer, Bellotti etc.😱😱😁

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Glen Murray seems to be popular for most fans today despite leaving for Palace back in the day ;)

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
We were robbed of a Poyet Amex return and a dodgy last minute winner for whoever he was managing

his celebration would have been obscene

I wonder how long it'll take for him to be acknowledged by the club though....

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Time heals most wounds. I remember Poyet's time with fondness like no other Albion manager. The football we played in league one was revolutionary and set the tone for the way the club's wanted to play over the last decade which has been marvellous. It all ended sourly but he was f***ing brilliant at the time.

Potter (and Chelsea) on the other hand is an ongoing conundrum with them coming back for Winstanley now and maybe Trossard in Jan, and maybe Caicedo in the Summer... Easy choice in the current context.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
f*** me, this is pathetic.

One man revolutionised the club and the other took us to levels unimaginable in a short space of time. Now fully grown adults are "disliking" them for either falling out with their employer and making silly statements, or getting the opportunity of a lifetime and taking his most trusted colleagues to help him succeed at said job of a lifetime.

Maybe we were so spoilt for villains in the 90s that we are now bored and need to find some pantomime ones instead?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Being as I’m about 110, I still get cross about the way Clough fu—-d the club about.
Ego? Poyet wouldn’t come close to old big ‘ead and as far as Potter is concerned, he was good for the club and he was offered a job that was too good to refuse. Plenty on here, if presented with the same opportunity and pay rise in their own field, would have jumped ship too.
Ok, I only mentioned Clough because I really don’t dislike Poyet or Potter and wanted to contrast that with someone I truly disliked.😊
You want hate amongst Albion fans? Archer, Bellotti etc.😱😱😁
Clough - good shout. Absolute pits for us.

Players were a bit battered and low on confirdence following relegation - Clough arrived and almost instantly destroyed every last vestage of confidence they had. Bloody glad when he buggered off, and left the partner who knew what he was doing in charge.

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Neither

They both left under ignominious circumstances, but produced some magnificent football.

On a completely separate point.
I hope that the club will be able to bring Chrissy Hughts back to the ground one day, so we can pay him the tribute he so richly deserves.
I still see the occasional disparaging post on here about him.
I sometimes feel his achievements and the joy he brought to us, is in danger of being forgotten.
The football we played, in the championship, under him are some of my happiest football memories.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Neither both merely employees, did their jobs and for differing reasons left the club.

Hate the 'game' not the player.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Neither

They both left under ignominious circumstances, but produced some magnificent football.

On a completely separate point.
I hope that the club will be able to bring Chrissy Hughts back to the ground one day, so we can pay him the tribute he so richly deserves.
I still see the occasional disparaging post on here about him.
I sometimes feel his achievements and the joy he brought to us, is in danger of being forgotten.
The football we played, in the championship, under him are some of my happiest football memories.
10000% agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports