Here, there and everywhere
Nice effort with the tie - the first time I have ever seen him wear red

A7dBw2zCQAEHPHg.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It would appear so, yes.

Gus offered his resignation on the 18th March.

And the massive question that no one knows the answer to is WHY? Why walk away from a job that you absolutely love and is tailor made for you, when you had constantly talked about the long term and a lot of even your tactics on the field suggest long term planning rather than short term gain. He very clearly wanted to stay here long term and build something special. Then suddenly a massive inexplicable U turn, shortly after Barber joined the club.

SOMETHING happened. Clearly.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
I am now a supporter of any team that play sunderland.....he keeps bad mouthing my club. But the majority on here love him for some strange reason.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Re: Fair Play, Gus.

And the massive question that no one knows the answer to is WHY? Why walk away from a job that you absolutely love and is tailor made for you, when you had constantly talked about the long term and a lot of even your tactics on the field suggest long term planning rather than short term gain. He very clearly wanted to stay here long term and build something special. Then suddenly a massive inexplicable U turn, shortly after Barber joined the club.

His head was turned by something elsewhere ??? Any tapping up from the north ???

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

......err, he was told that he couldn't keep spending shed loads of money and he didn't like it?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He's a football manager.
He managed our football.
Our football was good.
We like good football.

Not THAT strange, is it.

It's BAFFLING. We enjoyed one of the best periods in BHA's history under him. Why does anyone want to remember that fondly?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I thought Fulham happened (at the time)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
......err, he was told that he couldn't keep spending shed loads of money and he didn't like it?

So perhaps his job remit changed massively from the job and responsibilities he was given when he joined?

paul & shark

Sep 17, 2013
And then refused to deal with player contracts in the hope that he will get picked up by a premiership side and take them with.

slippery *******.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Fair Play, Gus.

Something like Sunderland wanting him but not prepared to pay £2.5m compo. Maybe.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Something like Sunderland wanting him but not prepared to pay £2.5m compo. Maybe.

And then because of that Gus decided to do something to get himself suspended and Sunderland then dropped a pill into DiCanio's Cappucino one morning to make him go even more mental so Di Canio would only get 1 point in the first few games meaning Sunderland could then sack Di Canio early in the season with justifiable reasons and get in Poyet for free 6 months after they originally wanted him but didnt want to pay 2.5m.

Allegedly.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Re: Fair Play, Gus.

And then because of that Gus decided to do something to get himself suspended and Sunderland then dropped a pill into DiCanio's Cappucino one morning to make him go even more mental so Di Canio would only get 1 point in the first few games meaning Sunderland could then sack Di Canio early in the season with justifiable reasons and get in Poyet for free 6 months after they originally wanted him but didnt want to pay 2.5m.

Allegedly.

Or Gus let his heart rule and went on a sulk, putting Project Poyet ahead of the albion ???

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Fair play my arse, last few months so painful after he wanted to walk away and was not allowed to do so.

Both sides just played the game of egos.

"I want to go."
"Tough, you're not going"

Then a couple of months later.

"We want you out."
"Well, I don't know if I want to go now."

Truth is, both sides wanted the same thing, such a terrible shame they couldn't have just agreed to part company. This could so easily have been a mutual agreement, rather than the slurs, inuendos and collateral damage such as long-serving Charlie. Thank goodness he has a job out of this all, because he was the one I felt sorry for more than anyone. Whatever the details of the fall-out between Bloom and Poyet, I just couldn't see what Oatway or Tanno had been suspended for. Just looked like a move to pressure Gus into doing what we wanted him to do, which was to just walk.

All was handled so shabbily IMHO. I know we like to look at things at defend the club, or certainly Bloom because we love him, and always will, but this should have been handled so much better. We wanted rid, Gus wanted out, how was it so messy?

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Both sides just played the game of egos.

"I want to go."
"Tough, you're not going"

Then a couple of months later.

"We want you out."
"Well, I don't know if I want to go now."

Truth is, both sides wanted the same thing, such a terrible shame they couldn't have just agreed to part company. This could so easily have been a mutual agreement, rather than the slurs, inuendos and collateral damage such as long-serving Charlie. Thank goodness he has a job out of this all, because he was the one I felt sorry for more than anyone. Whatever the details of the fall-out between Bloom and Oatway, I just couldn't see what Oatway or Tanno had been suspended for. Just looked like a move to pressure Gus into doing what we wanted him to do, which was to just walk.

All was handled so shabbily IMHO. I know we like to look at things at defend the club, or certainly Bloom because we love him, and always will, but this should have been handled so much better. We wanted rid, Gus wanted out, how was it so messy?

I think this is probably all about right. Which makes people who are obsessed with "Club GOOD, Poyet BAD" look stupid, as are "Poyet GOOD, Club BAD".

As with anything, it's never black and white, always shades of grey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here