Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet to Sunderland

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Poet to go to Fulham is definitely a go. At least from what I feel.
smile2.png

Which poet? :jester:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I guess with the international break coming up, they are taking their time.

Short cant afford to get this wrong. I think Short will play safe. Pulis?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
"If Poyet gets the job, I can confidently predict the first batch of questions will centre around who it was who pooed on the floor of the dressing room before Brighton’s play-off semi-final against Crystal Palace."

:ffsparr:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
drifting like a barge in the betting

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
5 live yesterday implied that Poyet hadn't come across as well as Sunderland had expected in the interview, but it didn't elaborate on the details.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
5 live yesterday implied that Poyet hadn't come across as well as Sunderland had expected in the interview, but it didn't elaborate on the details.

Probably started off talking about ceilings and a release clause when Chelsea come in for him.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Sky said the same this morning about the interview. I really can't see this happening now - if it was going to, it would have happened by now, unless they're just waiting to get United out of the way. Mind, the way United are playing at the mo, they could well beat them.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

He probably told them what a honour it would be for them to have him there and how Newcastle are the biggest club in the north east and it didn't go down to well.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
FORMER Schalke boss Ralf Rangnick has seen his odds tumble in the race to be the next Sunderland boss.

Former Manchester United coach Rene Meulensteen is also thought to have held talks with Sunderland, although the Dutchman’s camp are keeping tight-lipped over his hopes or keenness for the position.

Despite Poyet being a free agent and making no secret of his desire to take charge of the Black Cats, Sunderland have taken their time in making a decision.

Story

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did Gus have the best job in football that a rookie manager has ever had? Such a shame the way it has all turned out, I wonder if he has regrets. Keeping his gob shut for the last 3 months of the season both to the board and in interviews would almost certainly have seen him as a Premier League manager by now.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
FORMER Schalke boss Ralf Rangnick has seen his odds tumble in the race to be the next Sunderland boss.

Former Manchester United coach Rene Meulensteen is also thought to have held talks with Sunderland, although the Dutchman’s camp are keeping tight-lipped over his hopes or keenness for the position.

Despite Poyet being a free agent and making no secret of his desire to take charge of the Black Cats, Sunderland have taken their time in making a decision.

Story

Future Brighton Boss

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Did Gus have the best job in football that a rookie manager has ever had? Such a shame the way it has all turned out, I wonder if he has regrets. Keeping his gob shut for the last 3 months of the season both to the board and in interviews would almost certainly have seen him as a Premier League manager by now.

May have to set his sites on a club with a lower ceiling now.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

To be honest, I think he as good as had the Sunderland job but talked himself out of it. I think he probably wishes he kept his gob shut in the last 3 weeks.

It's verging on embarrassing ruling people out of jobs in the media, discussing meetings publicly and talking as if the job is his. That is enough to put any employer off even if they were keen to start with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here