Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet to Sunderland

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Well here's to him finally putting pen to paper asap up on chilly Wearside. I look forward with great interest to seeing how quickly the disgruntled Mackams take him into their furry bosums. Or not, as the case might be. :)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I look forward with great interest to seeing how quickly the disgruntled Mackams take him into their furry bosums. Or not, as the case might be. :)

He can ride on the back of Di Canio's short comings & failures for a while......

And boy will he ride that pony for ages and then moan about the lack of money to spend etc when the fans get fed up with that excuse.....

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
I'm increasingly of the opinion he's not going to be our next manager, which is a great pity as he's my number one choice. As I was bitterly disappointed Di Canio was sacked I'm going to be even more furious if Short fails to bring in Poyet, particularly when he's made it more than abundantly clear he wants the job.
I expect Poyet to replace Jol.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've always felt Poyet would go to Fulham, and I wouldn't be surprised if he'd been tapped up by them to start this whole sorry business off, post-Reading.

Poyet must be thinking the Sunderland move is not going to happen.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I wonder if Gus goes North, will Charlie Oatway like it up there? Tarricco will obviously not mind.

Or has Charlie boy got another job now? One thing for sure, if his new club play Albion he'll be well up for it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
All gone rather quiet for Gus hasn't it? If they were going to offer him the job., surely it would have been by now.

I imagine that Short asked Bloom or Barber what Gus was sacked for and was told "gross misconduct" and nothing else.

Looks like its going to court. I can't see Bloom blinking.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
I've always felt Poyet would go to Fulham, and I wouldn't be surprised if he'd been tapped up by them to start this whole sorry business off, post-Reading.

:thumbsup:

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
All gone rather quiet for Gus hasn't it? If they were going to offer him the job., surely it would have been by now.

I imagine that Short asked Bloom or Barber what Gus was sacked for and was told "gross misconduct" and nothing else.

Looks like its going to court. I can't see Bloom blinking.

No one can see Bloom blinking, that's why he's called The Lizard

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

I would imagine that Short has been ' digging ' everywhere for info on Gus and is probably getting twitchy. Sunderland fans seem quite keen on GP but then they don't know what he's been up to.
I can't see Gus getting the job. Too much baggage. Too much unknown. Short won't take the risk. He'll go for someone proven at the highest level. e.g Pulis.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Will Fulham finally get their man ?

Natural justice dictates they do and he takes them down.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Jol is a dead man walking. Just a matter of time. Could be this weekend.
Fulham would be taking a massive risk with Poyet. Unproven at PL level and unfulfilled at Championship level. Like Sunderland, they may plump for more experience.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
I wonder if Gus goes North, will Charlie Oatway like it up there? Tarricco will obviously not mind.

Or has Charlie boy got another job now? One thing for sure, if his new club play Albion he'll be well up for it.

I believe Charlie is working for Charlton, in the community side of things

gavind

Banned
Jul 2, 2013
Poet to go to Fulham is definitely a go. At least from what I feel.
smile2.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here