Poyet to Sunderland

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Been saying this for a while. I don't think Zola will go anywhere so the options for Sunderland are limited, which may well give Poyet such limited competition that their hand is forced. Alternatively I think Fulham will be a much better option for him and obv he knows it's all brewing up there ... much might depend on his patience, although he's not shown a great deal of that.

Plus rejecting their offer ups his stock considerably ... them rejecting him probably blows a hole in his side, albeit temporaily

Agree with you on your patience comment, even now he seems to have over marketed himself with the Sunderland job and would clearly bite their right hand off, but then again he is Uruguayan. Harmless Suarez pun intended.

But seriously, it may not have been wise for him to promote his intentions and excitement through the media, a much more reserved approach keeping his cards close to his chest and playing hard to get may have been better way to play this..

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Gus sounding desperate in the DM ,

Warning don't click the link if you are offended by Right of center newspapers .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...acts-rival-candidates-Sunderland-hotseat.html

Anti-daily mail sentiment isn't limited to their right of centre politics:

AtXtaM3CEAAvr9a.png:large

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Warning don't click the link if you are offended by Right of center newspapers .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...acts-rival-candidates-Sunderland-hotseat.html

Only Gus would rule out potential manager candidates for Sunderland, is he going through the list himself, calling them and telling them he needs it more.

Surely it is not fair to speak for others publicly no matter how good a friend you are to them ??? It would look far better for Di Matteo and Zola to rule themselves out directly to the media.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Politics aside, the last few Mail articles I have read, seem to take the following approach;

1 Google subject you are interested.
2 Detail everything in pages 1-10
3 Summarise in as few words as possible.

I actually find this style difficult to read, as you can get 3-4 unconnected elements lumped together in a single sentence. Is Mail speak some new emerging form of the English language ?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Having read that, some of the comments it evoked and some of the comments there have been on here, I'd really quite like to see GP get the job and get them in to Europe, like, man, like, just to be contrary.

I even seem to have developed a Wearside accent while writing.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
:lolol:
Having read that, some of the comments it evoked and some of the comments there have been on here, I'd really quite like to see GP get the job and get them in to Europe, like, man, like, just to be contrary.

I even seem to have developed a Wearside accent while writing.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Only Gus would rule out potential manager candidates for Sunderland, is he going through the list himself, calling them and telling them he needs it more.

Surely it is not fair to speak for others publicly no matter how good a friend you are to them ??? It would look far better for Di Matteo and Zola to rule themselves out directly to the media.

Also gives the impression that he knows he is going to be at least 3rd in any pecking order behind RDM and Zola.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

He has NO class.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
He told the Daily Mirror: 'Since the start of the season I've dedicated myself to watching the games of teams that might call me if things weren't going too well.'

FFS!!! What a bloody mercenary .....

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
He told the Daily Mirror: 'Since the start of the season I've dedicated myself to watching the games of teams that might call me if things weren't going too well.'

FFS!!! What a bloody mercenary .....

Mercenary? He wants a managerial job plain and simple.

Watching potential employers is called doing your homework - just as anyone who is looking for a job should do.

As for contacting potential competitors for a position, then fair enough, going public that they have done so shows a level of naivety that really shouldn't be displayed by someone seeking a high level position.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thank f*** this has finally started sliding down the big board in to obscurity.

WHAT?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Gus is Coriolanus: a vainglorious hero who outgrows his authority and has no respect for the lesser mortals who made it all possible. If the story continues the way Shakespeare wrote it, he WILL be manager of Palace before long. Only to be sacked in a very sudden and unpleasant way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports