Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet to Sunderland

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm not worried about you in the slightest...and now you have proved you like to pick on those less academic than yourself, i'm sure a lot more people are less worried about you...Disagree with people by all means, shoot their points down in flames, no problem.....But keyboard bullying,,,oh dear.

:lolol:

Very poor tactics on this one Kev. If you feel I've "shot your points down in flames" then that has been through effective word usage and nothing sinister. If I'm more academic than you, I can't help that. But don't suggest I'm doing any keyboard bullying, that is out of order and inaccurate - I don't have a keyboard. I use my phone.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm not worried about you in the slightest...and now you have proved you like to pick on those less academic than yourself, i'm sure a lot more people are less worried about you...Disagree with people by all means, shoot their points down in flames, no problem.....But keyboard bullying,,,oh dear.

To be fair this is a message board where we debate issues using words, typed using a keyboard in the English language. Feel free to convince Bozza he needs to set up North Stand Pubs for verbal jousts and North Stand Boxing Ring for the inevitable afters.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It's very sad the bullying on this thread by a handful of the same posters, of anyone who dares to voice a negative view on Gus.

I still feel very let down and betrayed by Gus.

Looking back I wish he'd gone when Wolves were sniffing round, but perhaps the timing would then have been wrong to get Oscar.

Perhaps the price we had to pay to get to where we are now is the sour fallout, and final endgame of the Gus era.

Now it's onwards with Oscar. And I am so happy with that.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
I can't be arsed to read through 32 pages, but i bet i don't have to.

The usual anti-Poyet brigade will no doubt have been on here re-writing history, and somehow claiming that one poor post match interview following the Palace debacle wipes out every bit of good he ever did for BHA.

If any Sunderland fan is reading this you need to understand that Poyet's biggest crime was that he loved Leeds and Chelsea more than he loved us.
For some of the morons who populate this message board that is unforgiveable, and it says it all about their intelligence levels that they genuinely think a Football Club Manager should have the same feelings for the club as a supporter of 30 or 40 years does.

If any Sunderland supporter values loyalty to their club above all else, then pray you don't employ Poyet, because his loyalties will always look in the direction of Chelsea, or Leeds.

If however you want a Manager who will change your club into a team worth watching, a team who dominate possession, a team playing good football, and a team that will win more than they lose, then pray for Poyet, he completely transformed BHA with his ethos on pure football.

We've got 23,000 STH at BHA.
If you asked them if they preferred pre-Gus hoofball or post-Gus keepball ... 22,500 of them would answer the latter.

Get him if you can ... he will transform your team.

No no NO.
This is nice and romantic of you but WE gave him a football team to manage - this is a PROFESSION, you don't slack off for Selfrdges because you once had a lower rank at Hanningtons!?

If he lost interest in his very own team, his fate was self fulfilling.
I liked Gus, but he never got us doing the vital goalscoring and pointwinning for all the passing quality and possession.
Then to court interest from elsewhere shows a lack of attachment to Brighton.
We are not some third rate lot to bide time until a better offer came in!

Go back to lurking. This over-rating of a hired 'temp' may get some support but not mine

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It's very sad the bullying on this thread by a handful of the same posters, of anyone who dares to voice a negative view on Gus.

Looking back I wish he'd gone when Wolves were sniffing round, but perhaps the timing would then have been wrong to get Oscar.

Perhaps the price we had to pay to get to where we are now is the sour fallout, and final endgame of the Gus era.

Strangely, my impression would be that most of the bullying was from the anti-Gus people.

But whatever, it is fairly pointless because it as ALL HISTORY. Onwards and upwards with Oscar.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you really wanted an honest answer, I would have to meet you over a pint and talk about it. Hate is a very strong word. I don't hate anyone(well there is someone but it's not Poyet)....I just think from what I have heard, from someone I have known for many a year, that basically he is not a very nice man. Unless your kissing his arse of course and blowing sunshine up his arse....I don't and won't go into details, but what we all saw with our own eyes over the last few weeks of his employment at the club, the mask was slipping and his true colours were shining through....The man is/was a dictator at this club and like all the great dictators over the years, he ended up shooting himself in the head...Anyone who crossed him, was a marked man from that day on....Why do you think Barber was bought in, in the first place??? To bring about his downfall and thank god he did.

Do you really think Barber was brought in just to bring about Poyet's downfall? What does that say about Bloom's business acumen?

I have just done a search on your posts from the past and had a great laugh. This one was a peach!
http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...t-9-managers-to-win-promotion&highlight=Poyet

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I liked Gus, but he never got us doing the vital goalscoring and pointwinning for all the passing quality and possession.

Only 4 defeats all season and our highest position for 30 years? That seems a lot of point winning to me.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

I am happy with Oscar as well.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's right, scroll down and see what I said about Crofts???

Poyet's number one signing. I think Kuszczak and Bridge were above Crofts in that respect and Oscar hasn't given Crofts the armband.
You have tried to deflect from your xenophobic posting where only the English managers and English players care enough to try to get promoted.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
If you really wanted an honest answer, I would have to meet you over a pint and talk about it. Hate is a very strong word. I don't hate anyone(well there is someone but it's not Poyet)....I just think from what I have heard, from someone I have known for many a year, that basically he is not a very nice man. Unless your kissing his arse of course and blowing sunshine up his arse....I don't and won't go into details, but what we all saw with our own eyes over the last few weeks of his employment at the club, the mask was slipping and his true colours were shining through....The man is/was a dictator at this club and like all the great dictators over the years, he ended up shooting himself in the head...Anyone who crossed him, was a marked man from that day on....Why do you think Barber was bought in, in the first place??? To bring about his downfall and thank god he did.

Ok thanks for the response. what are your thoughts on the football he got us playing i.e. does his management manner overshadow his onfield success?

I'd happy to chat over a beer. My season ticket is WSU if your up there?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Ok thanks for the response. what are your thoughts on the football he got us playing i.e. does his management manner overshadow his onfield success?

I'd happy to chat over a beer. My season ticket is WSU if your up there?

I like many thought the football was very predictable and in fact boring at times. I accept he done a good job, but I also think that a great many managers would have done equally as well with the tools he had to work with. When I think back over the years to the like of McGhee, Lloydd(pre the dark days), Cattlin who all done a great job for this club working without a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of....Poyet overall on the pitch did do a good job, results bare this out. But it wasn't a fantastic, best manager we have ever had job..Some of the hero worship he gets on here is totally over the top. Fact is he has 1 div 1 championship and a play off semi on his cv, with a team that he spent probably in excess of £12/13 million pound putting together, not to mention the wages and signing on fees of free agents....It's all smoke and mirrors, but he is very good at self promotion, I will give him that....If he gets the Sunderland job, good luck to him. There are worse managers around than Poyet who have managed big clubs by convincing people they are the real deal, when there record doesn't really back it up.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I like many thought the football was very predictable and in fact boring at times. I accept he done a good job, but I also think that a great many managers would have done equally as well with the tools he had to work with. When I think back over the years to the like of McGhee, Lloydd(pre the dark days), Cattlin who all done a great job for this club working without a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of....Poyet overall on the pitch did do a good job, results bare this out. But it wasn't a fantastic, best manager we have ever had job..Some of the hero worship he gets on here is totally over the top. Fact is he has 1 div 1 championship and a play off semi on his cv, with a team that he spent probably in excess of £12/13 million pound putting together, not to mention the wages and signing on fees of free agents....It's all smoke and mirrors, but he is very good at self promotion, I will give him that....If he gets the Sunderland job, good luck to him. There are worse managers around than Poyet who have managed big clubs by convincing people they are the real deal, when there record doesn't really back it up.

Nice swerve in getting out of having the drink ..... I'm sure he didn't notice !

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
.Why do you think Barber was bought in, in the first place??? To bring about his downfall and thank god he did.

Well said Kev, finishing fourth under Poyet, our highest finish for 30 years was an absolute disaster last season, but the bullies seem to think it was some type of achievement.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Seems to want it, but maybe he really has his eyes on that Fulham job, and is using the Sunderland publicity to prompt something there ? ???

i like many thought the football was very predictable and in fact boring at times. I accept he done a good job, but i also think that a great many managers would have done equally as well with the tools he had to work with. When i think back over the years to the like of mcghee, lloydd(pre the dark days), cattlin who all done a great job for this club working without a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of....poyet overall on the pitch did do a good job, results bare this out. But it wasn't a fantastic, best manager we have ever had job..some of the hero worship he gets on here is totally over the top. Fact is he has 1 div 1 championship and a play off semi on his cv, with a team that he spent probably in excess of £12/13 million pound putting together, not to mention the wages and signing on fees of free agents....it's all smoke and mirrors, but he is very good at self promotion, i will give him that....if he gets the sunderland job, good luck to him. There are worse managers around than poyet who have managed big clubs by convincing people they are the real deal, when there record doesn't really back it up.

This!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here