Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet to Sunderland

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry for the repetition but I can't share, even on a PM. I'm obviously not repeating myself enough, over and over and over... ...and over again for you.

Who are you doing it for then? I don't see why you keep trying to do him down, without ever adding anything at all of worth or meaning.

Why not just accept the fact that the vast majority of people massively enjoyed our time under Gus, but that it was right for it to end when it did? End of story. MOVE ON.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who really gives a shit how he handles himself in the press though? How important is that compared to how the side do? .

Well I did, touting yourself when you have what he had shows MASSIVE disrespect to his employers and no respect at all for Albion fans. You're Ok with it, that's fine just don't assume all of us were. He should have a chat with Zola who has far more class and is just as good a manager, have you ever heard him tout himself?

Be interesting to see how Sunderland fans react if he starts all that Chelsea and Leeds shit again, and please don't tell me it was because he's just honest. I'd go for a bit naïve and stupid.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well I did, touting yourself when you have what he had shows MASSIVE disrespect to his employers and no respect at all forAlbion fans. You're Ok with it, that's fine just don't assume all of us were. He should have a chat with Zola who has far more class and is just as god a manager, have you ever heard him tout himself?

Spot on IG.

I'll never understand the mania of the anti Poyet obsessives. You claim to like Oscar, so you should happy right now? Rather than winding people up with constant whingeing against a manager who acheived good things for us.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'll never understand the mania of the anti Poyet obsessives. You claim to like Oscar, so you should happy right now? Rather than winding people up with constant whingeing against a manager who acheived good things for us.

Well said - it's obsessive to the point of being silly, and actually funny and fairly pathetic.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Well I did, touting yourself when you have what he had shows MASSIVE disrespect to his employers and no respect at all for Albion fans. You're Ok with it, that's fine just don't assume all of us were. He should have a chat with Zola who has far more class and is just as good a manager, have you ever heard him tout himself?

Be interesting to see how Sunderland fans react if he starts all that Chelsea and Leeds shit again, and please don't tell me it was because he's just honest. I'd go for a bit naïve and stupid.

That won't happen straight away. To start with Sunderland will be a massive club and it will be an honour etc etc....Then give it a year(if he lasts that long) when he thinks his feet are under the table and all the old spill will start to come out.....For the record I think Sunderland will chew Poyet up and spit him out. I don't think he is cut out for the big league and certainly not in that powder keg. He can't work with a director of football for starters and all the top clubs have one these days... I said he would never take us up and he didn't and I have said he will never manage a top six club(time will tell).....I so hope he gets this job, it's unreal.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Well said - it's obsessive to the point of being silly, and actually funny and fairly pathetic.

Obsession from both sides really.

I don't like Poyet, nor do I hate him - but it will be interesting to see how he does at another club. As I said before, we are BOUND to now draw Sunderland in the cup now in January too !!

Could end his legal action too, so may also be good news for us.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
That won't happen straight away. To start with Sunderland will be a massive club and it will be an honour etc etc....Then give it a year(if he lasts that long) when he thinks his feet are under the table and all the old spill will start to come out.....For the record I think Sunderland will chew Poyet up and spit him out. I don't think he is cut out for the big league and certainly not in that powder keg. He can't work with a director of football for starters and all the top clubs have one these days... I said he would never take us up and he didn't and I have said he will never manage a top six club(time will tell).....I so hope he gets this job, it's unreal.

I think at first it will be ok but then player power will chew him up and spit him out, it's ok coming over the Billy Big Bollocks with Gary Dicker and Marcus Painter , bit more difficult with full internationals on 50k a week as PDC found out.

Poyet and Di Canio are both cut with the same cloth and that works in League 1 but a bit harder the higher you go and the better the players you have.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He wont get the job, as they will ask him all about the shenanigans & comments he made about luis suarez, after that they will come up with the conclusion that he aint worth the risk.

End of story....

Until he is up for the next job of course.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

You were saying?

http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/john.an...anfranco-zola-wants-to-someday-manage-chelsea

http://www.bet365.com/news/en/betting/football/premier-league/zola-would-welcome-chelsea-chance

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Good luck Gus !!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
look BW
I am getting old and don't really care about your obsession with blackening Gus's name but it really is beginning to grate on my nerves, even I have managed to move on
it seems the others don't want to say this to you
but will you please
F**K OFF

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
look BW
I am getting old and don't really care about your obsession with blackening Gus's name but it really is beginning to grate on my nerves, even I have managed to move on
it seems the others don't want to say this to you
but will you please
F**K OFF

We don't want to get to the stage where it's only acceptable to post an opinion on Gus if it's a positive one.

I feel betrayed and very let down by him. I'll leave it at that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here