Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet to Sunderland

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The problem(s) for me is Gus Poyet. He messed up big time with the second leg of the playoffs. He, if rumours are true, turned up for the second leg against Palace 30 minutes before kick off. Not exactly professional if true and not surprising that the players appeared to be ill-prepared and not up for it.

Poyet blaming everybody but himself is what has angered so many. We should have beaten Palace over two legs, without a shadow of a doubt. Forget the goal that nearly was at Selhurst, fact is Gus blew it. With the squad he had available we should have gone up in second place. Instead, we lost in the playoffs.

Forgetting everything else, Poyet's post Palace defeat interview turned me from wanting him to stay and finish the job to wanting him gone straight away. He didn't give a damn about the club at that point and that is unforgivable. He may well be the reason we nearly got promoted. He is also the reason we didn't too. I hope he gets the Sunderland job so we can close the book on his era. He wasn't as great as some are making him out to have been, he wasn't as bad as the others say either. Personally I'm now pissed off with the man because HE cost us promotion after getting us so close.

I was one of many who didn't want him moving to another club, gradually became more and more frustrated at his less than subtle hints for other clubs to come and get him and now I'm glad he's gone. Thanks for the good you did Gus and bollocks to you for the rest.

Very well said.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
And we can all see that - so what have you offered? Absolutely SFA so will you please go away and be tedious somewhere else.

I know you don't like it, but I'm not going anywhere. TBH I have contributed a great deal to this thread, just not what some, like you, want to hear.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I know you don't like it, but I'm not going anywhere. TBH I have contributed a great deal to this thread, just not what some, like you, want to hear.

It's funny, you are FAR more obsessed with Gus than any other poster on this entire board. By an absolute COUNTRY MILE. I can't be bothered to get annoyed with it anymore, I just find it funny.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Very well said.

You're actually obsessed aren't you :lolol:

I like that you play the "I know why he was sacked" card yet anything negative about his management itself you INSTANTLY highlight. It's clear you didn't like the bloke, we get it.

Trust me. We get it. :lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You're actually obsessed aren't you :lolol:

I like that you play the "I know why he was sacked" card yet anything negative about his management itself you INSTANTLY highlight. It's clear you didn't like the bloke, we get it.

Trust me. We get it. :lolol:

I'm not sure if we've got it yet.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Thank you for that - everyone knows that without ANY insider knowledge. YOU claim to have inside information of the details - you clearly don't.

You really are grasping at straws. I do. And I can't share.

You don't like what you're hearing from me. Tough.

You've already demonstrated your arrogance and rudeness. Please do continue to make yourself look foolish.

And, one fine day, when Gus fails to keep his overly large trap shut (again), you will realize you were so, so wrong.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You really are grasping at straws. I do. And I can't share.

You don't like what you're hearing from me. Tough.

You've already demonstrated your arrogance and rudeness. Please do continue to make yourself look foolish.

And, one fine day, when Gus fails to keep his overly large trap shut (again), you will realize you were so, so wrong.

:laugh:

Are you definitely not a WUM? If so, you are the best of all time!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So Gus would have contributed NOTHING to it at all? Even though Oscar doesn't actually buy our players....

I didn't say that. Despite the Gus-lovers trying to paint a picture of me slagging off Gus' success as a manager (of his team), I have never actually said he was anything other than a good manager, just that he was awful at handling himself in the press. He obviously made a big contribution to where we are now (about as good as he should have, given the resources at his disposal).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Based on that you could argue no manager has finished the job until he wins us the league.

Making the playoffs was an achievement, not par.

It was EXACTLY on target, the target set by Tony and the board. Nothing more, and nothing less. Oscar has the same target (and budget).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I didn't say that. Despite the Gus-lovers trying to paint a picture of me slagging off Gus' success as a manager (of his team), I have never actually said he was anything other than a good manager, just that he was awful at handling himself in the press. He obviously made a big contribution to where we are now (about as good as he should have, given the resources at his disposal).

Who really gives a shit how he handles himself in the press though? How important is that compared to how the side do? FAR less important, yet you bang on about it

over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

PM me what you know. You could stop all this hassle for yourself right now if you PMed a few us what you know. It must be something MASSIVE, for you to talk about it so much.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It was EXACTLY on target, the target set by Tony and the board. Nothing more, and nothing less.

About 12 clubs would've said the aim is playoffs at the start of the season, you fruitcake.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It's funny, you are FAR more obsessed with Gus than any other poster on this entire board. By an absolute COUNTRY MILE. I can't be bothered to get annoyed with it anymore, I just find it funny.

Good, I'm pleased for you.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Who really gives a shit how he handles himself in the press though? How important is that compared to how the side do? FAR less important, yet you bang on about it

over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

PM me what you know. You could stop all this hassle for yourself right now if you PMed a few us what you know. It must be something MASSIVE, for you to talk about it so much.

Sorry for the repetition but I can't share, even on a PM. I'm obviously not repeating myself enough, over and over and over... ...and over again for you.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
About 12 clubs would've said the aim is playoffs at the start of the season, you fruitcake.

So what!? You slice!

Our chairman and board set a target. Gus met the target. I don'y care if Wolves, Palar$e, or any other club set a target to finish in the playoffs, you melt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here